aged question

Unlike being a democrat or a republican, all you need to do is just sign up. Chinese communist party is very selective. It's not an easy thing to become a member. Communism is a belief; to me it's just another kind of region. It deceives the same respect as all others. I don't believe in communism, but I respect the people who truly believe in it.

In package 3, there are specific questions about the political group petition attended after 16, I put youth league there. And VO has no problem with it. Why lie when truth doesn't hurt.

It's an honor to be the first three joined the youth league in my class while I was 12.

At the international high school, I think that all the Chinese students were members of the Pioneers (Youth League). Red scarfs and all. It was basically something that they had to do to maintain face. The Koreans and Japanese students were pressured to be members, but some resisted. Attending certain cadre schools requires party affiliation or outright membership.

The correct answer to get a visa is "No". The reason for the question is that membership in the Communist party is grounds for denial of a visa. Fortunately for most people here, myeagy is correct in that most people are not members.

Pioneers with red scarf is for the elementary school, age fewer than 12.

Youth league is for people between ages 12 to 25. And no one become a member of Pioneer or Youth league automatically either. Depends on your behavior at elmentary school, you get the opportunity to join pioneer in different grade. For the youth league, you need to fill application, write an essay about why you want to join, and find two members as you references.