Evolution of relationship letter

I don't think that it matters. There isn't a standard format for this letter.

I didn't want to sound too dry or formal in my letter. I used a standard memo format for the header and paragraph blocking, but the content of the letter is a little bit personal and has some character. I tried to imagine what I would want to say to the VO if I was leaving a voice message. This letter is the only voice you have to reach the VO with. It's your best opportunity to demonstrate that your relationship is real and valid.

Some people say to keep it matter-of-fact and others say to gush your feelings. Both make sense, depending on what you think they will use this letter for. I wrote mine pretty much how I would SAY it. I felt that this would come across as the most natural and sincere.

Our interview is a little ways off so I don't know if my letter will be a success or a death sentence. I'll report how it turns out next month :blink:

should it start with:

To Whom It May Concern

or

Dear Consular Officer

Please Advice.

i wrote "To Whom It May Concern"....but now thinking about it, Dear Consular Officer sounds better, i Think......

I like the way RickR put it "imagine what i would want to say if i was leaving a voice message" get everything you want to say in it,but not writting a novel.

Jimi