buying plane ticket after visa

Once again, I am asking the wise people here for some thoughts and guidance. What is the best way to set up buying my ticket for the interview date and getting hers if we are approved.

I want to fly back together, so what is anyones thoughts on this.

Thanks

John and Siyi

Once again, I am asking the wise people here for some thoughts and guidance. What is the best way to set up buying my ticket for the interview date and getting hers if we are approved.

Thanks

John and Siyi

I booked a round trip on CZ from LAX to CAN and return, with a return date of a few days after the interview date.

Once, we had the visas IN HAND, my wife, who has lived in GZ and worked for a large insurance company in downtown for many years, went to a [source] she had at the Baiyun Airport Authority, and obtained two more tickets on the same CZ flight I had prviously booked for myself, back to LAX.

We got one of the three seat rows, near the back of the plane, and it worked out so well for the three of us !!

There is some risk in this type of endeavor, but I had thought about it for a long time, and made the decision to go with it. Everything worked out with precision, and I arrived in Guangzhou on May 29th, with interview on June 2nd, visas in hand on June 5th, we exited GZ on June 6th.

Note: We were all packed, and held family goodbye dinner on the day after the interview, so we could exit on the 6th without any last minute issues.

I figured that the worst case scenario, if we could not find seats available on the same flight on the 6th, was that I would have to pay the $125 rebooking service fee to change my return flight to LAX to a later date.

This was my direct experience.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Thanks

John and Siyi

I booked a round trip on CZ from LAX to CAN and return, with a return date of a few days after the interview date.

Once, we had the visas IN HAND, my wife, who has lived in GZ and worked for a large insurance company in downtown for many years, went to a [source] she had at the Baiyun Airport Authority, and obtained two more tickets on the same CZ flight I had prviously booked for myself, back to LAX.

We got one of the three seat rows, near the back of the plane, and it worked out so well for the three of us !!

There is some risk in this type of endeavor, but I had thought about it for a long time, and made the decision to go with it. Everything worked out with precision, and with interview on June 2nd, visas in hand on June 4th, we exited GZ on June 6th.

I figured that the worst case scenario, if we could not find seats available on the same flight on the 6th, was that I would have to pay the $125 rebooking service fee to change my return flight to LAX to a later date.

This was my direct experience.

Thanks to all of you, I know I could never have gone through all of this without this site. I truly believe I have aged 10 years :) I think at this point I will do the one way ticket, since we have to travel to three cities in China before coming back. Way to many if's at this point. I guess you could say it has been a year of If's.

I wish everyone all the luck in the world no matter waht stage you are in with the Guz nightmare.

John and siyi