China orders officials to smoke

Guest Tony n Terrific

Well, if they had 630 officials smoking a pack a day they could do it. That would be a lot of officials for one county. Bob Dylan used to smoke 4 packs a day but that is the most I ever hear of anybody smoking. I hope they have got more than 157.5 officials.

Edited by Robert S. (see edit history)

Well, if they had 630 officials smoking a pack a day they could do it. That would be a lot of officials for one county. Bob Dylan used to smoke 4 packs a day but that is the most I ever hear of anybody smoking. I hope they have got more than 157.5 officials.

Bob Seger used to smoke 5. :rolleyes:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Bob Seger used to smoke 5. :rolleyes:

Some of the best business deals were sealed while drinking and smoking. Just ask Don's cat!

http://i40.tinypic.com/35a4v1d.jpg

Guest ShaQuaNew

Bob Dylan was always ugly.... no one listens to his music-----or lyrics for his looks...

Yeah, he took his ugly face and cigarettes all the way to the bank as the world sang his songs....

:)

I transcribed a report one time on a guy from South Carolina who had started smoking when he was age 4, and many others on people in that region who started smoking before they were even 10 years old. At least they were smoking the good damn tobacco grown in that region. I feel sorry for all those officials that have to smoke those ciggies from where they are at.

In fairness to Xinhua, there are more social issues (like this) reported in an unvarnished way. This story would have been unthinkable 10 years ago, and the tobacco industry, and political interest are still huge in China, even growing. Yunnan province is probably the leading source, but its a huge crop nationwide.

Guessing the county officials responsible are going to be 'reassigned'

Also guessing they aren't gona like their new assignment.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Bob Dylan was always ugly.... no one listens to his music-----or lyrics for his looks...

Yeah, he took his ugly face and cigarettes all the way to the bank as the world sang his songs....

:ph34r:

So did the Duke Family of North Carolina.

In fairness to Xinhua, there are more social issues (like this) reported in an unvarnished way. This story would have been unthinkable 10 years ago, and the tobacco industry, and political interest are still huge in China, even growing. Yunnan province is probably the leading source, but its a huge crop nationwide.

Guessing the county officials responsible are going to be 'reassigned'

Also guessing they aren't gona like their new assignment.

A good guess I would think .... :D

Bob Seger used to smoke 5. :unsure:

holy crap. If you chain smoked for 16 hours straight, you would have to smoke more than 6 cigarettes per hour to get that. I mean, I'm sure he didn't always get 8 hours of shut-eye, but he pretty much had to be drawing in smoke for every waking breath. His lungs must have looked like dried up rat turds.