A couple of questions about removing conditions

Hi Everyone:

In June Lin and I have to apply to remove his conditions on his 2 year green card. Im kind of worried because we went through so much crap getting the 2 year card. Do they often deny the 10 year card?

Here are some things that I am worried about

1) Lin went to China in March for 3 months, I was supposed to go for a while in the middle of his visit but can't because I can't get the time off from work due to tight project schedule dates. Will they give us problems because he was out of country without me for 3 months right before we applied?

2) I have documentation; both names are on all our bank accounts and we file joint tax returns and we have the joint medical cards and use the same doctors .. but his name is not on our house and he does not have a job and his name is not on the credit cards.

3) We are not picture people, we have a few pictures but not ALOT over the last 2 years

Any advice?

Toni

Removal of conditions is probably the easiest part of this entire process. There is seldom an interview and I have yet to hear of anyone being denied. Here is what we sent. Notice we didn't send any photos.

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, xxxx xxxxxxxx. Please also find a check for $205.00, the fee for this form. My wife entered the US on a K-1 visa May 19th, 2004. We married June 1st, ,2004 and she was approved for her conditional green card Oct 19th, 2004. We are still happily married and living together. We request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on her residence status.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copy of a certified copy of our marriage license.

• Copies of passport, visa,I-94 and green card for my wife xxxx xxxxxxxx

• Two original letters written by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

• Copy of welcome letter for the construction loan on our new house showing joint ownership.

• Copy of Notice of Transfer for our mortgage showing joint ownership.

• Copies of two banks statements for 2004 and 2006, which we received for our joint account at US Bank.

• Copies of our 2004 and 2005 joint US tax returns.

• Copy of the titles of our cars, showing joint ownership.

• Copy of our visa cards showing a joint account.

• Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy.

• Copy of our Costco cards on a joint account.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxxxx

(address and phone)

My wife went back home for a period about 2 months by herself without any problems. If you were to stay outside of the U.S. for the allotted six months or close to that amount of time then it's possible that they may question you about it. I wouldn't worry about the three months.

I also don't have my wife's name on the title of our property.

The only pictures I sent was the two passport size pictures of my wife. Actually that's not completely right. I have a credit card with Citibank and I purposely chose that card because you can add your picture on the credit card itself. I photocopied the joint credit card with the same number with pictures on the cards and sent it in.

I have her on our company's health, dental, life insurance, and joint bank accounts. I also but I don't think necessary included a copy of the applications I filled out to include her and proof that my wife used the health and dental insurance. For the life insurance and pension I added her as the beneficiary.

I added her name to the utility bill and now for some reason her name comes first before mine. Since she's home more than I am and uses the utilities more, I joke with her that she has mail and hand her the bill.

I added her name to memberships such as: Museums, zoos, etc. (these are not legally binding joint accounts but they're joint membership accounts anyway.)

I was going to add her to the Costco card as well but I couldn't find the time to take her to get her picture taken in order to add her to the account.

Got two friends to notarized their statements just in case in wasn't enough for the USCIS.

Edited by amerchin (see edit history)

Thanks .. thats a great cover letter, I think I will copy your format. I see the price was less then half in 2004 :-) .. but I am happy to pay any amount to get this done ..

Removal of conditions is probably the easiest part of this entire process. There is seldom an interview and I have yet to hear of anyone being denied. Here is what we sent. Notice we didn't send any photos.

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, xxxx xxxxxxxx. Please also find a check for $205.00, the fee for this form. My wife entered the US on a K-1 visa May 19th, 2004. We married June 1st, ,2004 and she was approved for her conditional green card Oct 19th, 2004. We are still happily married and living together. We request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on her residence status.

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Copy of a certified copy of our marriage license.

• Copies of passport, visa,I-94 and green card for my wife xxxx xxxxxxxx

• Two original letters written by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

• Copy of welcome letter for the construction loan on our new house showing joint ownership.

• Copy of Notice of Transfer for our mortgage showing joint ownership.

• Copies of two banks statements for 2004 and 2006, which we received for our joint account at US Bank.

• Copies of our 2004 and 2005 joint US tax returns.

• Copy of the titles of our cars, showing joint ownership.

• Copy of our visa cards showing a joint account.

• Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy.

• Copy of our Costco cards on a joint account.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxxxx

(address and phone)

Thanks .. I have some travel documents too where I had to travel for work and paid for and took my husband with me, should I send those?

My wife went back home for a period about 2 months by herself without any problems. If you were to stay outside of the U.S. for the allotted six months or close to that amount of time then it's possible that they may question you about it. I wouldn't worry about the three months.

I also don't have my wife's name on the title of our property.

The only pictures I sent was the two passport size pictures of my wife. Actually that's not completely right. I have a credit card with Citibank and I purposely chose that card because you can add your picture on the credit card itself. I photocopied the joint credit card with the same number with pictures on the cards and sent it in.

I have her on our company's health, dental, life insurance, and joint bank accounts. I also but I don't think necessary included a copy of the applications I filled out to include her and proof that my wife used the health and dental insurance. For the life insurance and pension I added her as the beneficiary.

I added her name to the utility bill and now for some reason her name comes first before mine. Since she's home more than I am and uses the utilities more, I joke with her that she has mail and hand her the bill.

I added her name to memberships such as: Museums, zoos, etc. (these are not legally binding joint accounts but they're joint membership accounts anyway.)

I was going to add her to the Costco card as well but I couldn't find the time to take her to get her picture taken in order to add her to the account.

Got two friends to notarized their statements just in case in wasn't enough for the USCIS.

And interviews are rare- you are usually approved without one

Thanks Randy .. I hope it goes as seemless for me .. my last interview did not go well and I am praying that I don't have to go and see them again.