Bring the medical forms that are in packet 4, and if K-Visa bring the requested documents that the list (OF-169) requests.

Results can take up two days to get, or you can pay an extra fee to get next day, or even same day in an emergency situation.

More: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Bring the medical forms that are in packet 4, and if K-Visa bring the requested documents that the list (OF-169) requests.

Results can take up two days to get, or you can pay an extra fee to get next day, or even same day in an emergency situation.

More: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Dan- you're still the man! I've always admired your integrity.

Listen to Dan, LiangJai. He'll never steer you wrong! <_<

dont forget to get the medical book and vaccination book.

Yes, eventhough a K-Visa does not need vaccintions done for the visa, you are better off getting them done in China and getting the "yellow book". This may save some $$ later on.

You will then take the yellow book to a US Civil surgeon for transfer to an I-693 when you adjust status from a K-Visa.

Yes, eventhough a K-Visa does not need vaccintions done for the visa, you are better off getting them done in China and getting the "yellow book". This may save some $$ later on.

You will then take the yellow book to a US Civil surgeon for transfer to an I-693 when you adjust status from a K-Visa.

Also, expect the Civil Surgeon in the US to want to give shots that I argued were not necessary. He eventually signed-off with giving shots. His fee to fill out the I-693 form was $75 and he refused to make us a copy. Apparently it is an important form that only allows for one original copy and it must be sealed by doctor and mailed without duplicates being made.

Thanks a lot guys!

I noticed the receipt for visa fee is required when getting the medical exam done. My fiancee called the Citic Bank, said they don't have this type of service. How exactly to pay this fee? Does she need to pay it in person? Who is the payee? Help please!

Is that means we just walk into one of those branches with the K4 package and pay the fee there? Just not really sure how this can be done...

Simply walk into the branch down the road from the consulate with passport, in hand and pay the $131 fee or the equivalent in RMB, they will give you a receipt for the payment. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Also, expect the Civil Surgeon in the US to want to give shots that I argued were not necessary. He eventually signed-off with giving shots. His fee to fill out the I-693 form was $75 and he refused to make us a copy. Apparently it is an important form that only allows for one original copy and it must be sealed by doctor and mailed without duplicates being made.

Correction: He signed-off WITHOUT giving shots.

Is that means we just walk into one of those branches with the K4 package and pay the fee there? Just not really sure how this can be done...

Simply walk into the branch down the road from the consulate with passport, in hand and pay the $131 fee or the equivalent in RMB, they will give you a receipt for the payment.

What's the address for this paticular branch?

Simply walk into the branch down the road from the consulate with passport, in hand and pay the $131 fee or the equivalent in RMB, they will give you a receipt for the payment.

What's the address for this paticular branch?

Just pick out the one that suits you best and show up in the morning with payment and appointment letter in hand.