28 days, still in customs

If I got the right package, it was delivered May 26, 2009

5/26/2009 9:27 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China, People's Republic

It took about a month for the consulate to acknowledge receipt and put in the order to send the P3 for our package, once it was delivered. It sounds like your package is finally out of Customs, just have to wait a little while longer.

Still waiting. Talked with a rude lady at DoS Monday. She told me if I want any information call GUZ. :huh:

You can email GUZ. If you email in the evening, they will usually respond in a few hours. The responses are generally worthless. All I can say it that the day I harassed them for taking so long to process it, they acknowledged receipt and started the P3 the very same day. Maybe it was coincidence.

28 days? Try 3 months, that is how long it took for our case to get from NVC to being "Received" by the consulate.

Yep!! 28 days is not even close yet.

Ours took 87 days.

At the 90 day mark.

start calling DOS everyday.

HINT! (i got this from Dan when i was going through this) Calling on Mondays and Fridays is the best to get new INFO!

28 days? Try 3 months, that is how long it took for our case to get from NVC to being "Received" by the consulate.

If you look at the original date of the post you will see we're past 60 days. Guess i should have started a new post.

SOP for GUZ is after it clears customs, they place the case in a warehouse located in the White Swan Hotel, until they are ready to process them.

Petition processing times depend on a number of factors, including how quickly petitioners respond to requests for information. Petitioners should probably plan on their petitions taking at least six months to be approved by USCIS. After petitions are approved, they are passed along to the National Visa Center (NVC) before ultimately being sent to Guangzhou. Please note that due to a bilateral treaty with China, all immigrant visa petitions remain in Chinese customs for at least three months before being passed on to the Consulate.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.htm#9

Fortunately the consulate automatically extends all I-192F approvals.

Still waiting. Talked with a rude lady at DoS Monday. She told me if I want any information call GUZ. :mellow:

You may need to talk to DHL, see if they have already delivered the package. As the matter of fact, I called DHL, the customer service told me that all the packages that they picked up from NVC that day have been delivered to GUZ on May 5.

My husband has already got the P3 from GUZ ( we applied for K3 and CR1). We are waiting for P4.

Good Luck!

If you look at the original date of the post you will see we're past 60 days. Guess i should have started a new post.

As for my case(CR1+CR2), it was forwarded to GUZ on March 24th. On May 5th, it has been completed on customs. On May 22th,I got an email from GUZ saying the consulate has received the case. On June 4th through calling DOS, I knew my interview date(July 9th) and husband and I both got emails from GUZ to confirm the interview date.

Please hang in there. You will get the great news soon.

Amanda

Guest Pommey

Still waiting. Talked with a rude lady at DoS Monday. She told me if I want any information call GUZ. :lol:

You may need to talk to DHL, see if they have already delivered the package. As the matter of fact, I called DHL, the customer service told me that all the packages that they picked up from NVC that day have been delivered to GUZ on May 5.

My husband has already got the P3 from GUZ ( we applied for K3 and CR1). We are waiting for P4.

Good Luck!

the wait is worth it

filing to visa 11 months