U.S. Citizenship acquired.

How is that equated to "limits"?

There are countries that the government doesn't allow u.s. citizens to go. Every time I take medical and humanitarian aid to Cuba I have to go illegally. Only been caught once but it makes one feel uncomfortable.

There are countries that the government doesn't allow u.s. citizens to go. Every time I take medical and humanitarian aid to Cuba I have to go illegally. Only been caught once but it makes one feel uncomfortable.

If the current administration gets their way, Americans will be flocking to Havana in droves! It will be like "Old Havana" once again! Everyone will be doing the Havana two-step! :happydance: :jump:

If the current administration gets their way, Americans will be flocking to Havana in droves! It will be like "Old Havana" once again! Everyone will be doing the Havana two-step! :happydance: :jump:

There is a bill in the House and Senate to restore USC freedom to travel to Cuba...I and many others hope it passes...Cuba is a great place with very nice people.

There is a bill in the House and Senate to restore USC freedom to travel to Cuba...I and many others hope it passes...Cuba is a great place with very nice people.

...except Americans haven't been able to travel to Cuba in 50 years. :jump:

...except Americans haven't been able to travel to Cuba in 50 years. :jump:

And my qizi has no plans to travel to Cuba or anywhere else. I don't know her reasoning in wanting American citizenship except I remember how fascinated she was when she first came here with the idea of voting and to vote. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Reagan, made it unlawful for Usonians to travel to Cuba...he and all the others were going to bring their government to their knees.

I'm sure your lao po will have a good time selecting politicos...but why doesn't she want to travel? If I ever get my lao po here to the states I want to show her the country and Canada and all over the Americas...it'll be a lot of fun, if the money and the Dodge hold up. :happydance:

Congratulations to your wife and to you on completing the WHOLE process. Feels pretty good right?

Tine & Ella

Hi Tine. Thanks.

Yeah, it's all over now, 4/27/2009. It's been a long ways since first filing the I-130 in 2002. Yep, a long ways, but it's over now. What am I going to do with myself if I'm not filing any immigration forms? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not only becoming a US citizen allows you to vote, it also allows you to sit on a jury!

I just got my jury duty day but I am not a U.S citizen yet. Is this normal?

NO - you CANNOT sit on a jury, and may lose your right to apply for citizenship if you do (or is that for voting?)

Be sure to notify them of your immigration status.

They get names off the driver's license database and other places that can include non-citizens.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Not only becoming a US citizen allows you to vote, it also allows you to sit on a jury!

I just got my jury duty day but I am not a U.S citizen yet. Is this normal?

Maybe a late reply anyway, but most of those forms have a box you can check to say "I am inelligable for jury duty" and then either a box to check for "I'm not a US citizen", or a line to write it on. Jun got one of those before too.