Change of Address

I have a question concerning a Change Of Address. My wife's daughter lives about 2 hours away by plane. My wife wants to go stay with her for about 5 months because she is expecting to have her baby in Sept. My wife is concerned that if any office USCIS, NVC or GUZ sends any mail to her she will not know it because she will not be at her home for 5 months. I asked if she talked to the post office in China to see if they could forward her mail, the post office told her no they can not do it as it is a temporary situation. She asked me if we should submit a change of address with USCIS. I told her I did not think that was a good idea because we would request her address to be changed to her daughter's address and then in about 5 months request another change of address back to her own home, and this may confuse or cause USCIS to question why the changes. I told her I thought that the best thing to to is try to have a family member get what ever mail arrives at her home and then just mail it to her at her daughters address. Her concern with family sending on the mail to her is that she may not get it as quickly and miss any due by date to respond. I tried to tell her our government does not move that fast in immigration matters. The Vermont Svs Ctr has our I-130 and their time frame for processing is 6 months, but it always shows 6 months and the last time they updated the time frame was in February.

Does any one agree it is probably best to leave the government out of this and just try to have family send her the mail. I told her if sent EMS it would arrive pretty fast.

Thanks,

Gary

Looking at your timeline, you only recently mailed the I-130. Have you gotten your I-797C acceptance notice yet? She won't be receiving anything in the 5 mos. she is gone and as early as things are with your process so she should be okay until P3 time which could be 8 or 10 months away? :rolleyes:

As you said, a family member can get any mail she would receive from immigrations which is highly unlikly at this time.

Good Luck!

Looking at your timeline, you only recently mailed the I-130. Have you gotten your I-797C acceptance notice yet? She won't be receiving anything in the 5 mos. she is gone and as early as things are with your process so she should be okay until P3 time which could be 8 or 10 months away? :rolleyes:

As you said, a family member can get any mail she would receive from immigrations which is highly unlikly at this time.

Good Luck!

Just the notice they have received it.

Looking at your timeline, you only recently mailed the I-130. Have you gotten your I-797C acceptance notice yet? She won't be receiving anything in the 5 mos. she is gone and as early as things are with your process so she should be okay until P3 time which could be 8 or 10 months away? :threeques:

Good Luck!

Yeah, P1; cool.

I think your wife will be okay seeing that the process has only begun. I don't know what the current processing times are but 5 mos. should be enough time for your wife. She won't be notified until the NVC sends the petition to Guangzhou and who knows what time is involved there. And don't throw any monkey wrenches into the works, would be my advice. -good luck again!

Looking at your timeline, you only recently mailed the I-130. Have you gotten your I-797C acceptance notice yet? She won't be receiving anything in the 5 mos. she is gone and as early as things are with your process so she should be okay until P3 time which could be 8 or 10 months away? ;)

Good Luck!

Yeah, P1; cool.

I think your wife will be okay seeing that the process has only begun. I don't know what the current processing times are but 5 mos. should be enough time for your wife. She won't be notified until the NVC sends the petition to Guangzhou and who knows what time is involved there. And don't throw any monkey wrenches into the works, would be my advice. -good luck again!

That's true for K# visas.. but the OP is asking about the I-130/CR1... which does suggest that if the optional I-129F/K3 were pursued, they would be ok... but my crystal ball says the k3 won't fly in this case.