My DCF case is moving FAST

I just received my P3 on 4/18, and I'll be sending it back tomorrow 4/21. Time between NOA2 and P3 didn't surprise me after all of the timelines I've seen for DCFs, but the time between submission and NOA2 was quicker than expected. When it came in the mail, I expected it to be the NOA1. Looks like there's no NOA1 for DCF's anymore... Anyway, if this trend continues, we could have a visa in hand in 3 months total! But let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

People are wondering why our case is moving so fast. I really don't know, but, maybe on paper, we look like a more traditional couple?(young, same age, first marriage for both of us). FYI, our evidence of bona fide marriage was an apartment lease with both of our names on it. Maybe it's because I filed in GZ and the documents didn't go anywhere? I have no idea, but I think DCFs are going to become a lot more popular after this! We've seen 4-month DCFs before, but never a 3!

Edited by waingro (see edit history)

I just received my P3 on 4/18, and I'll be sending it back tomorrow 4/21. Time between NOA2 and P3 didn't surprise me after all of the timelines I've seen for DCFs, but the time between submission and NOA2 was quicker than expected. When it came in the mail, I expected it to be the NOA1. Looks like there's no NOA1 for DCF's anymore... Anyway, if this trend continues, we could have a visa in hand in 3 months total! But let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

People are wondering why our case is moving so fast. I really don't know, but, maybe on paper, we look like a more traditional couple?(young, same age, first marriage for both of us). FYI, our evidence of bona fide marriage was an apartment lease with both of our names on it. Maybe it's because I filed in GZ and the documents didn't go anywhere? I have no idea, but I think DCFs are going to become a lot more popular after this! We've seen 4-month DCFs before, but never a 3!

Hi,

I like to know If you had to wait 6 months before filing the DCF petition.

Thanks!

Hi,

I like to know If you had to wait 6 months before filing the DCF petition.

Thanks!

I've been working in China three years, so I can't say if it's required or not. However, the Immigrant Visa FAQ booklet issued by the Guangzhou consulate does say you need to live here 6 months. I can say that the consulate worker did not look at my employment permit(red book) nor my work visa. She looked at my G-125a though, which shows my residence for the past 5 years.

Edited by waingro (see edit history)