Chinese people need to be controlled

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2009-04/...ent_7701451.htm

The mainland press started discussing the story now....

Solon So, the chief executive of Chan's company JC Group and his main spokesman, told AP in a phone interview yesterday that the actor was referring to freedom in the entertainment industry rather than Chinese society at large.

"Some people with ulterior motives deliberately misinterpreted what he said," So said.

And so we see that PR is also the same all over the world ... :rolleyes:

Damage Control?.......... :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jin979

When you buy a TV in in china, they come and set it up in your house for "free" plus give you other stuffs for free too (cables etc). never had a tv blow up either.

contary japanese/korean and usa electronics seem to last just a very short time, example Sony DVD/VCR player bought 11 months ago no longer plays any DVD's, example 2 Brother printer/fax/scanner no longer can scan(of course all out of theier strangly short warrenties).In china you would go to seller and get replacement for free , here its oh well , not our problem, better you buy another.

So lets talk real quality in product and service

our Vizio tv works great.

When you buy a TV in in china, they come and set it up in your house for "free" plus give you other stuffs for free too (cables etc). never had a tv blow up either.

contary japanese/korean and usa electronics seem to last just a very short time, example Sony DVD/VCR player bought 11 months ago no longer plays any DVD's, example 2 Brother printer/fax/scanner no longer can scan(of course all out of theier strangly short warrenties).In china you would go to seller and get replacement for free , here its oh well , not our problem, better you buy another.

Well, low-end Brother printers are cheap junk. I see them on sale for "unbelievably low prices" all the time.

I do agree with you about Vizio, they are making TVs of mid-level quality, at a low-level price. They get good reviews from consumers too.

Not sure about the Sony, sorry to hear it. I've had the Same Sony 27" Trinitron for about 16 years now, and it still has a good picture after being moved from Virginia-California-Storage facility-Korea by boat-USA by boat-Maryland-Virginia-Michigan-Virginia-California again, having rotten pumpkin juice dumped down it's vent, being dropped... It was the first TV I ever bought, and while I have a big screen in the living room now, it still gets used almost daily.

I think Chinese electronics get worse reputation than they deserve. Nearly every part in the PC I just built was from Mainland China, and Taiwan. There is a curve there, but it will improve. Right now the largest demand to China from global markets is "Cheap" and "Fast", so with so many companies you never even heard of stampeding in the "gold rush", there will always be plenty of shoddy merchandise to be found, but some gems too. More and more, we will start to see larger Chinese brands with much more focus on quality, and likely still some price advantages as well.

But with that said, I certainly don't think by comparison US and Japanese products have anything approaching a reputation for quick failure. No more than anything else. I've had only 2 electronic devices go TU on me in a short time, and 1 was Chinese (DVD player), and 1 was American (iPod).

I supported what you said. Jackie has the issue with Chinese quality.