Hello everyone!

This my first post, but I've used this board as a research resource for quite some time. There is a vast knowledge base here, and the time has come for me call on it.

I'll try to give a bit of background without writing a book. :lol: I met my wife online last spring. After countless emails, phone calls, text messages, and two trips to northern China, we were married last month in China. We got the "red books" and had the BIG family ceremony. I like to call it "My Big Fat Chinese Wedding". Over 500 guests attended, and it was the coolest day of my life.

Now, we are beginning the Visa process, and I have found that the "devil is in the details". I'm filling out the PDF for the I-130, and have run into a problem. As with most government forms, the darn boxes are too small. My wife's address is as long as my arm, and doesn't fit in the box. I am curious as to whether or not anyone else had experienced this, and more importantly, how they dealt with it.

Also, I have a question about the "blanks". Items that do not apply to us. Should I leave them blank or put "NA" (not applicable) in them?

I want to do everything with absolute perfection and hopefully avoid any problems. My work involves dealing with paperwork on the federal level all day every day, and I know that anything less than perfection gets a form kicked back to you with a resounding "NO". I just want to get this right the first time.

Sorry for the long post, and I wish all of you the best. Thanks for any and all help.

Take Care,

Matt

I'm sure others here will answer quickly and far better than I, but I'll take my first crack at dispensing advice.

As to the address concern : Make an attachment on a seperate sheet of paper and label it as such including the part of the form, the question number and the line and put her address there. Sign and date it. Then on the I-130 when it asks for her address fill in "See attachment".

As to the blanks, I think the general consensus is to put N/A.

Appaullo

Appaullo is right.

I did I-130, had the same problem

I attached a sheet of paper with the field number, and the full information.

worked perfect.

In fact, for the address, I used my wife's work address (because mail actually gets there), and then explained that and provided her home address as well, all on the sheet of paper.

If you read the instruction carefully this is what it tells you to do.

As for empty fields, never leave something empty. I have heard of rfi being issued because a field was blank. N/A is good.

i always thought 'N/A' was bad - instead - write out 'None' or 'Not Applicable'.

Since you haven't filed yet - take a long hard look at the 'bonafide relationship' papertrail requirements - submit as much evidence as you can in the FIRST submission.

Also - there's other versions of this I-130 fillable pdf file that DO allow for 'lots o space' - I'll find the links soon and post em here...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

i always thought 'N/A' was bad - instead - write out 'None' or 'Not Applicable'.

Since you haven't filed yet - take a long hard look at the 'bonafide relationship' papertrail requirements - submit as much evidence as you can in the FIRST submission.

Also - there's other versions of this I-130 fillable pdf file that DO allow for 'lots o space' - I'll find the links soon and post em here...

Thanks for the advice. As for evidence, I've saved everything down to the matchbooks from the hotel on my first visit and the pics from our wedding on my my second visit. My family members (including my parents) have been in contact with her, and welcomed her to our family. I hope these documents will help in the Visa process.

Docs, Docs, and more Docs

Thanks for the advice,

Matt

Hey - Welcome Aboard - have a read (if you haven't filed the I-130 yet) -

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35091

That post/link was incredibly helpfull. Thank you!!! I am still preparing the I-130. I want to hurry and push this through, but I am taking my time to get everything right. I agonize over every box and want it all perfect before I send it.

I understand the requirements of Gov't paperwork. I work for a Class 3 firearms dealer here, so I understand how tricky the paperwork is.

Thanks for your help so far. Any chance you found the I-130 PDF with bigger boxes?

Thanks man,

Matt

On the address line question...I made a separate page and titled it "Form I-130 Continuation" then farther down the page I made the question line...number and the question about her address.

Below that I wrote it in Pinyin and then cut 'n' pasted her address in Chinese.

Then sign and date it at the bottom...this is a must from what I hear.

I think this will be important when they mail the interview package to her in China.

ZZ

Edited by Zhou Zhou (see edit history)