I-751 Biometrics

I sent in the I-751 and have received 2 mailings back from the DHS. The first one is a plain white paper which is for my K-2 stepson which extends his current AOS by one year. The second is for my K-1 spouse and is the NOA for the I-751. It extends my wifes AOS by one year. So it appears that should they leave the country my stepson would need the white paper to get back in to the USA while my wife would need the NOA. Is this correct? Or will I be getting another mailing for my wife that is similar to the one I received for my stepson?

Secondly, the wording on the NOA is confusing to me. It states the following:

"In order to further process your petition you will be receiving an ASC appointment notice with a specific time, date, and location to capture your fingerprints, photo, and signature."

This is what I expected. However, the next paragraph states the following:

"NOTE: Conditional resident applicants, including conditional resident dependents residing oversears pursuant to military or government orders WILL NOT RECEIVE an ASC appointment notice. To complete biometric processing these applicants must submit the required items listed on the I-751 form instructions."

This last part is confusing. From everything I've read I was expecting that my wife and stepson will receive the biometric appointment in the mail as is stated in the first paragraph. However, aren't they both conditional resident applicants (K1/K2) which the second paragraph says they won't receive the appointment. Can someone please let me know what this means? Will they be receiving appointments or not? Thanks.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I sent in the I-751 and have received 2 mailings back from the DHS. The first one is a plain white paper which is for my K-2 stepson which extends his current AOS by one year. The second is for my K-1 spouse and is the NOA for the I-751. It extends my wifes AOS by one year. So it appears that should they leave the country my stepson would need the white paper to get back in to the USA while my wife would need the NOA. Is this correct? Or will I be getting another mailing for my wife that is similar to the one I received for my stepson?

Secondly, the wording on the NOA is confusing to me. It states the following:

"In order to further process your petition you will be receiving an ASC appointment notice with a specific time, date, and location to capture your fingerprints, photo, and signature."

This is what I expected. However, the next paragraph states the following:

"NOTE: Conditional resident applicants, including conditional resident dependents residing oversears pursuant to military or government orders WILL NOT RECEIVE an ASC appointment notice. To complete biometric processing these applicants must submit the required items listed on the I-751 form instructions."

This last part is confusing. From everything I've read I was expecting that my wife and stepson will receive the biometric appointment in the mail as is stated in the first paragraph. However, aren't they both conditional resident applicants (K1/K2) which the second paragraph says they won't receive the appointment. Can someone please let me know what this means? Will they be receiving appointments or not? Thanks.

Yes, to travel, the green card holder will need to keep that letter with them at all times and show it when they enter the US. The letter you received about the I-751 is a receipt notice. You should be receiving another letter in a few days for the biometrics appointment.

One other note, when traveling with the NOA1 letters, the expired 2 year green-card must also be carried.