Regarding the time period from P3 to interview date

hello,

I just called the Visa Information Service for the US Embassy and Consulates in China using the China Citic prepaid pin card. I wanted to know about the case status. Jeffrey and I sent our P3 to Guangzhou March 20th '09. The operator told me his background checks and papers were already completed April 3rd '09 but that we still had no interview date. I know it's still early yet, but I thought we'd get something in the mail by April 20th or so regarding his interview date and if it hasn't been decided yet already, do you think this will result in a delay of our interview date? I'm not too worried right now, but I'm very curious. Thanks!

cguo7, you could try calling the DOS, I know it is in the US, but if you have a calling card, try this # 202-663-1225-1-0 ask the operator for your status. You should have the date very soon, GOOD LUCK, Mike & Yizhen

Yes try that, worked for me and it was free.

thanks, i'll try it.

cg

cguo7, you could try calling the DOS, I know it is in the US, but if you have a calling card, try this # 202-663-1225-1-0 ask the operator for your status. You should have the date very soon, GOOD LUCK, Mike & Yizhen

Chris, I agree with what the others say here.

Even though it was a year ago at this time, our P-3 to P-4 time was 31 days.

Although, it seems the norm may now be faster this year.

I also think you should do the long distance call to the DOS number, as soon as they open in the morning. I started calling there each morning when I figured I was about two weeks out. They will have the latest updated info as soon as it is entered into the big computer by the staff at GUZ. As I recall it was 0830 EST, when they open, so that will be 12 hours difference for you. If you wait until later in the morning or afternoon their time, you might end up on hold for 15 to 20 mins. I would watch the clock and get into their system right at 0830 and maybe only be on hold for 1 to 5 mins.

Some have reported here in the past that the info from that China based VIS system is not always the best source.

The holidays may have slowed them down a little, I know that happened last year too; and I was also on the edge, just waiting for the word !!

You will be fine and should hear very soon now. Best wishes, we look forward to seeing you here in Sacto' after you are both together !!

Roger

I have been calling the DOS almost everyday for the last week or so. I have yet to wait more than 1 minute. Most of the time a "real live person" answers right after the "this call may be monitored" warning. I have called at varying times from 9:00AM to 4:15PM. I was quite surprised as to how easy it was to get through and how polite and helpful the people were. Give it a try! Jeff

This is a DCF case.... although we discovered long ago they benefit from the first half of the process (pre-P3) but not necessarily the second half.

So, your wait for the P4 will be consistent with most. BUT!

The other statistic we determine some years ago was that CR1s were slower going through GUZ than K1 ! ;)

Anyways, as is usually the case, compare yourself to others of like visa applications.

thanks again for all of your guys's help. I'm glad to have the support of the people here. I it weren't for CFL, I think I'd have ripped my hair out long ago. Hehehe.

This is a DCF case.... although we discovered long ago they benefit from the first half of the process (pre-P3) but not necessarily the second half.

So, your wait for the P4 will be consistent with most. BUT!

The other statistic we determine some years ago was that CR1s were slower going through GUZ than K1 ! ;)

Anyways, as is usually the case, compare yourself to others of like visa applications.

hi waingro, ours was approx. 3 months as well. no more and no less. That's about right.

Hi cguo7, just out of curiosity, when did you receive your Notice of Approval (NOA2 or P2) ?? I'm trying to estimate the time between NOA2 and P3. The only other recent DCF'er had a 3 month wait, which seems way too long.

Wow, yours was super slow then. If you look at these two links, you'll see most DCF'ers receive the P3 within 2-3 weeks of the NOA2.

http://www.timelines.tk/

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/CFL...lines_Final.htm

Let's see how mine works out...April 30, we're leaving the country for 17 days...Let's hope it gets here before then!

Edited by waingro (see edit history)

cguo7, you should have your timeline updated, for others to see. when was your approval, and did you delay returning the P-3 for a reason?

The P-3, P-4. Interview time frame is about the same for all visas. P-3 returned, 1 month, P-4, 1 month, interview. DCF approval to P-3 is much quicker for DCF, because there is no time in Customs. Once approved in GUZ, then the P-3 is sent. Mike & Yizhen

waingro, I am not sure about the exact date of cguo7's approval, but it would seem to be in the normal range, but it is not shown here or in the timeline.

cguo7, you should have your timeline updated, for others to see. when was your approval, and did you delay returning the P-3 for a reason?

The P-3, P-4. Interview time frame is about the same for all visas. P-3 returned, 1 month, P-4, 1 month, interview. DCF approval to P-3 is much quicker for DCF, because there is no time in Customs. Once approved in GUZ, then the P-3 is sent. Mike & Yizhen

waingro, I am not sure about the exact date of cguo7's approval, but it would seem to be in the normal range, but it is not shown here or in the timeline.

Edited by cguo7 (see edit history)

Chris, I agree with what the others say here.

Even though it was a year ago at this time, our P-3 to P-4 time was 31 days.

Although, it seems the norm may now be faster this year.

I also think you should do the long distance call to the DOS number, as soon as they open in the morning. I started calling there each morning when I figured I was about two weeks out. They will have the latest updated info as soon as it is entered into the big computer by the staff at GUZ. As I recall it was 0830 EST, when they open, so that will be 12 hours difference for you. If you wait until later in the morning or afternoon their time, you might end up on hold for 15 to 20 mins. I would watch the clock and get into their system right at 0830 and maybe only be on hold for 1 to 5 mins.

Some have reported here in the past that the info from that China based VIS system is not always the best source.

The holidays may have slowed them down a little, I know that happened last year too; and I was also on the edge, just waiting for the word !!

You will be fine and should hear very soon now. Best wishes, we look forward to seeing you here in Sacto' after you are both together !!

Roger

It is a common belief here that GUZ frequently monitors CFL. I wounder if they just monitor it for the statistics..."Hey Bob the CFL people are saying the CR1's are getting a bit slow, go wake up Regina and tell her to get crackin!" LOL :lol: B)

Edited by shadeOgray (see edit history)