K1 APPROVED!!

Guest ShaQuaNew

as to 'parents drop off' - this is tough one to answer - as DHS might still need to finger print her at the consulate. Any one got the straight poop?

It would be a good idea to call and ask....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed GUZ a couple days ago, I got a reply yesterday (pretty fast)

Here is what it says:

"Thank you for your message.

Please be advised that your fianc¨¦e¡¯s case has been reviewed and is going to be approved. A call-in letter with instructions will be sent to her this week via EMS Courier mail with tracking number EW*********CN. Your fianc¨¦e will need to bring that letter, along with her passport to gain admittance to the Immigrant Visa Unit."

How do they already have the EMS tracking # before they have mailed it?

"going to be approved" DOS told me the case "was" already approved.

Has anyone recieved this kind of notice?

I called DOS today and they just said it was "pending".

What's going on??

Thanks everyone

Here is what it says:

Please be advised that your fianc¨¦e¡¯s case has been reviewed and is going to be approved. A call-in letter with instructions will be sent to her this week via EMS Courier mail with tracking number EW*********CN. Your fianc¨¦e will need to bring that letter, along with her passport to gain admittance to the Immigrant Visa Unit."

What's going on??

Thanks everyone

The EMS tracking number is issued when you pay the postage.

As far as them backtracking, that may mean an "Oops wait a minute here". Keep your fingers crossed and watch the tracking number at the China Post website

Here is what it says:

What's going on??

Thanks everyone

As far as them backtracking, that may mean an "Oops wait a minute here". Keep your fingers crossed and watch the tracking number at the China Post website

My fiancee checked the EMS # on the website and there is no record of that #. So they've paid the postage but have not yet sent the mail and that is why there is still no tracking record?

They said "sent this week", and today is already Friday over there. Do they send on weekends?

My fiancee checked the EMS # on the website and there is no record of that #. So they've paid the postage but have not yet sent the mail and that is why there is still no tracking record?

They said "sent this week", and today is already Friday over there. Do they send on weekends?

I think they buy pre-paid envelopes with the shipping ID already on it, which then gets scanned in when they receive it. It may be in the GUZ shipping room already, waiting for pick-up

Once you see that the package has been shipped, that's it

Like I said, keep your fingers crossed. It's pretty nerve-wracking, I'm sure.

re: DOS status - ya - sorry - 'pending' was the last 'status' -

call em back, ask for the last 3 ticks o status, with the dates .

Update:

I called DOS again today, the lady said "the last update in GUZ was on April 14th (the day after I found out my case was "approved"), your fiancee's case is still processing"

April 14th at 12:00pm (Pacific time) GUZ replied to my email saying my case "has been reviewed and will be approved" and that "the letter will be sent out this week".

Is DOS just out of the loop or something?

Update:

I called DOS again today, the lady said "the last update in GUZ was on April 14th (the day after I found out my case was "approved"), your fiancee's case is still processing"

April 14th at 12:00pm (Pacific time) GUZ replied to my email saying my case "has been reviewed and will be approved" and that "the letter will be sent out this week".

Yes - they get their information ONLY when GUZ posts it to the network.

Congratulations.

Update:

ya, sorry, that 'shared computer system' will 'seem' a bit wacky.

First, there's the time zone difference.

Then there's the 'update process' - sometimes it seems 'real time', other times it seems to be 'batch', with a few days backlog.

I guess I wasn't so clear - i was suggesting you ask for the last three status changes, what the status was, and the date of each status item.

At this point, alas, it seems there's a data disparity between GUZ and the home office . Not to worry, all will get 'caught up' eventully.. but.. really - ask the sweet staff worker at the DOS hotline about the last 3 status items, with each date/time stamp.

Yer Getting Close - hang in there !!

Warmest Regards...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Here is what it says:

What's going on??

Thanks everyone

OK - i hadn't really commented on this - so I'll take a stab at it.

GUZ has boxes n boxes of EMS envelopes and tracking labels - the tracking number is preprinted on the label.

So, if they already know the tracking number for the call-in letter, then a clerk somewhere has been putting all the pieces together and making updates in the local computer system (The clerk that answered yer email got the tracking number from the same interntal GUZ IV case tracking system that all of 'them' use.) Sometime soon, it'll get all assembled (if not already) and put into the GUZ mailroom.

Things aren't so fast in the mailroom - once it gets there, it could still be 1 to 4 days before it leaves the mailroom, depending on the 'bundling' of stuff for the packet. When it's 'ready ready' - EMS will pick it up same day or next day, and then it'll leave the GUZ mailroom.

EMS doesn't update as fast as UPS or Fedex in their online tracking system - but if there was any status 'today' (pickup, in transit, scanned at location, blah blah) then it'll get into the EMS tracking computer overnight (and viewable once it's updated).

So - at best guess - when it finally shows as 'delivered' in the EMS online tracking system - hei - it was physically delivered yesterday.

Aren't computers 'fun' ?

all of the above is my best guestimization - I've really no blueprint of 'how it really works' ..

Here is what it says:

What's going on??

Thanks everyone

OK - i hadn't really commented on this - so I'll take a stab at it.

GUZ has boxes n boxes of EMS envelopes and tracking labels - the tracking number is preprinted on the label.

So, if they already know the tracking number for the call-in letter, then a clerk somewhere has been putting all the pieces together and making updates in the local computer system (The clerk that answered yer email got the tracking number from the same interntal GUZ IV case tracking system that all of 'them' use.) Sometime soon, it'll get all assembled (if not already) and put into the GUZ mailroom.

Things aren't so fast in the mailroom - once it gets there, it could still be 1 to 4 days before it leaves the mailroom, depending on the 'bundling' of stuff for the packet. When it's 'ready ready' - EMS will pick it up same day or next day, and then it'll leave the GUZ mailroom.

EMS doesn't update as fast as UPS or Fedex in their online tracking system - but if there was any status 'today' (pickup, in transit, scanned at location, blah blah) then it'll get into the EMS tracking computer overnight (and viewable once it's updated).

So - at best guess - when it finally shows as 'delivered' in the EMS online tracking system - hei - it was physically delivered yesterday.

Aren't computers 'fun' ?

all of the above is my best guestimization - I've really no blueprint of 'how it really works' ..

I'd say that is quite a good hypothesis.

As long as they don't have second thoughts about our case, I'm perfectly fine with them taking their dandy time.

Thanks for the intriguing take though!

Oh, I looked on some older posts and it seems that the only way for my fiancee to get someone else to turn in her passport in GUZ is if I turn in the G-28 form and find a "attorney or representative". Supposedly this "representative" can't just be anyone (aka my parents), they must be "authorized" which I have no idea what that means. Anyway, we will just stick with the old fashioned way.

Update:

I e-mailed GUZ again last Friday asking if they could confirm again that my case was indeed approved and call-in letter sent to us last week (as they said in their previous e-mail) and they replied today with the following message£º

¡°Thank you for your message.

As indicated in our previous message, the call-in letter has been sent

to your fiancee last week.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou¡±

I still cannot find our tracking information on EMS website. Is it possible that they could have mis-typed our EMS#? I will call DOS tomorrow to see if they have any update.

Update:

I called DOS earlier, they now say GUZ sent out the call-in letter on the 14th (April). If that is the case, it agrees with GUZ's e-mail saying that the call-in letter was sent out last week.

However, I still cannot find tracking info with the EMS tracking# GUZ e-mailed me. Doesn't EMS courier mail usually arrive within a few days?

Today is already the 20th, that is 4 days(excluding Sat. and Sun.)

Hope it arrives soon.

Update:

Still no letter. Still no EMS info (online tracking) for the tracking# they gave me.

7 days now (assuming what they said is true: "call-in letter mailed on 14th")

I will wait a couple more days. If still don't recieve I plan on faxing them my fiancee's address to confirm. What else do I need to fax them? I saw somewhere I need to mail them our NOA2.