Hello Everyone,

My Fiancee does not have a Divorce Certificate or "lihunzheng." All that she has is a four page statement from the court that states how her divorce came about, or reasons for the the divorce. She does not have a one page "certificate" like we have in the US.

He "shenfenzheng" lists her as "divorced." Her "paichusuo" will not issue her a "lihunzheng" because at the time, the divorce was not mutual. That is his excuse anyways (since then her ex-husband has remarried). He claims that the booklet only gets issued for mutual divorces.

She has been able to get a statement saying that she is not married, and free to marry, but there is no certificate of divorce.

Would it be enough to use that statement? It does not list who she was married to, or when the marriage was disolved. It only lists that up until the current time she is not married.

She is from a small village and you now the rest of the story with the power and control structure that goes on there over simple things we take for granted here at home.

Has anybody had an experience like this with no divorce booklet?

Any suggestions?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hello Everyone,

My Fiancee does not have a Divorce Certificate or "lihunzheng." All that she has is a four page statement from the court that states how her divorce came about, or reasons for the the divorce. She does not have a one page "certificate" like we have in the US.

He "shenfenzheng" lists her as "divorced." Her "paichusuo" will not issue her a "lihunzheng" because at the time, the divorce was not mutual. That is his excuse anyways (since then her ex-husband has remarried). He claims that the booklet only gets issued for mutual divorces.

She has been able to get a statement saying that she is not married, and free to marry, but there is no certificate of divorce.

Would it be enough to use that statement? It does not list who she was married to, or when the marriage was disolved. It only lists that up until the current time she is not married.

She is from a small village and you now the rest of the story with the power and control structure that goes on there over simple things we take for granted here at home.

Has anybody had an experience like this with no divorce booklet?

Any suggestions?

It's my understanding, that the divorced person needs to go to their home town of registry, and file paperwork with the community government to get the certified paperwork. I suggest that your partner call them to get the specifics.

Welcome to CFL. She should be able to go to her hukou and get a notorail translated copy of her divorce decree. She is either divorced or she isn 't. She will need a divorce decree in addition to the single certificate. Sounds like you may need to grease a few palms to get what you need.