Ordering air fare on line for domestic China flights

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

I have found that I can save over $350 by flying to Shanghai then flying China Domestic flight to Nanning instead of Dayton straight thru to Nanning. Has anyone ever ordered domestic fligts on line before?

The travel agency I found is Travel Guide China. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Tony

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-flig...lightsearch.asp

The problem with Chinese sites is that you have hassles paying with non-Chinese credit cards, you have to fax them copies of the CC card and your passport. At least that's what I had to do with Ctrip.

I ended up ordering my round trip ticket from Shanghai to Chengdu via CheapoAir.com, which cost about the same as Ctrip.com ...

Of course, the week after that, I found a roundtrip fare to Chengdu using Cathay Pacific for the cross-Pacific leg $100 cheaper than the total fare I paid.

Christopher - I didn't have any issue with ctrip about 'faxing CC and passport' - ever - and I have used them for 3 years now.

I don't have any issue for paying 2 to 3 percent fee for CC and paypal processing. Heck - I've even set up 'ticket arrangements' where I pick up my tickets AND PAY FOR THEM at the ctrip desk at an airport (so no fees at all).

I dunno - if you have big problems with ctrip - then it's prolly not gonna be convenient for you. Maybe what you've described is for 'first-time-customers' ?

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Christopher - I didn't have any issue with ctrip about 'faxing CC and passport' - ever - and I have used them for 3 years now.

I don't have any issue for paying 2 to 3 percent fee for CC and paypal processing. Heck - I've even set up 'ticket arrangements' where I pick up my tickets AND PAY FOR THEM at the ctrip desk at an airport (so no fees at all).

I dunno - if you have big problems with ctrip - then it's prolly not gonna be convenient for you. Maybe what you've described is for 'first-time-customers' ?

I was using Ctrip from the US, maybe that was the problem. Or maybe my issuer was the problem. I didn't see a way to use Paypal or I would have done it that way.

I purchased tickets directly from the air china, etc english website using a cc in the US with minor problems (pek-yan, weh-pek, pvg/sha-guz). Make sure you let your cc company know before you take this route.

When my wife and I flew from Shenzhen to Wuhan last Christmas I had her make the reservations online from her computer. There were some minor problems, but most of those were related to my name (its a loooong and complicated name with a suffix). After getting the kinks worked out she was able to make all our in China domestic flights from her computer with my CC with no problems.