Hi All,

We're waiting on our NOA2 [after an RFE, my fault] but I was doing some research on "what's next" and have a question...

Step 10 of the K1-Process Flowchart on VisaJourney

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

says...

Completed Forms sent to Consulate

Beneficiary sends completed Forms to U.S. Embassy

Well, which is it? Is the Interview and place that will get our I-129F the Consulate or the Embassy.

In Guangzhou, they're two different places.

I must be confused, right?

Eventually - all goes to the IV unit at Guangzhou, which is not physically located at Shamian Island - but still maintains an address there, for mailing and delivery purposes.

Clear as Mud ?

The Consulate in Guanzhou maintains 2 physical addresses - one for Immigration interviews, and another for everything else.

Regardless of what is written at VJ - it all goes down in Guangzhou for a K-1 - there's a mailing address at Shamian Island, but the physical address for interviews is elsewhere.

We've got lots of stuff on the FAQ section here - are you reading it? Nudge Nudge...

FWIW, there's a USA Embassy in China, but it's not in Guangzhou..

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

If you sent them to the Embassy in Beijing, you would be the first non-DCFer.

Remember that VJ covers ALL consulates and Embassies.

and that you will need to know which is which. If there is only facility in a country, it is (most likely) an embassy. But they will also process visas.

GUZ is a consulate - basically, the distinction has no relevance to the visa process

Eventually - all goes to the IV unit at Guangzhou, which is not physically located at Shamian Island - but still maintains an address there, for mailing and delivery purposes.

Clear as Mud ?

The Consulate in Guanzhou maintains 2 physical addresses - one for Immigration interviews, and another for everything else.

Regardless of what is written at VJ - it all goes down in Guangzhou for a K-1 - there's a mailing address at Shamian Island, but the physical address for interviews is elsewhere.

We've got lots of stuff on the FAQ section here - are you reading it? Nudge Nudge...

Yes, clear as mud... no... it's not... LOL - I'm going to have to get xiaomin in here, because when I was in GZ, she took me to two different places, one of them was wrong! [obviously I couldn't read signs or --- well --- anything! LOL]

They are 2 different offices of the US Consulate, located in Guangzhou. The US Embassy is located in Beijing. In Chicago, the The Chinese Consulate has 2 different offices, one is for visa and passport processing and other public services. The other is the main Consulate office.

For the K-1/K-3, the completed forms are sent to the Consulate by the Beneficiary.

For the CR-1/IR-1 the documents and completed forms are sent to the NVC in the US and then forwarded to the Consulate by the NVC.

I hope this makes the mud a little clearer, Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Clear as Mud ?

Yes, clear as mud... no... it's not... LOL - I'm going to have to get xiaomin in here, because when I was in GZ, she took me to two different places, one of them was wrong! [obviously I couldn't read signs or --- well --- anything! LOL

OK - fair enough. Xiaomin , hopefully, will lead you to these two addresses - http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm#Consulate

and be able to guide you about the mailing address for P3 submittal, and guide you about the physical address for the Interview Day. Hopefully she can help you understand the difference between the two - I wish her all the luck in the world !

Warmest Regards...

PS - once your petition is approved, it's sent off to the NVC office in the USA, then it's sent off to the IV unit in Guangzhou. It'll sit there for some time, 1 to 4 months, before the P3 is prepped to be sent to her.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)
Guest Pommey

Clear as Mud ?

Yes, clear as mud... no... it's not... LOL - I'm going to have to get xiaomin in here, because when I was in GZ, she took me to two different places, one of them was wrong! [obviously I couldn't read signs or --- well --- anything! LOL]

If you look at Randyw's gallery photos you will see the building you need to go to. :)

Clear as Mud ?

If you look at Randyw's gallery photos you will see the building you need to go to. :blink:

Ah! Visuals... Yes, thank you so much! I don't remember what the building looked like so I'll send these to xiaomin ... She'll know, she's sharp!

There is only ONE US Embassy in any country, and it is ALWAYS in the country's capital, the the case of China that is Beijing.

The Department of state office in Guangzhou is a US Consulate because Guangzhou is not China's Capital.