Where can I get the info regarding CR1 steps?

Hello All,

I have been in Southeast Asia for over a month now and will be going back home in a few days but I just received the IV bill and AOS bill. After I pay these what happen? Also where can i find info regarding the CR1 steps. Just came down with a really bad cold yesterday. Hopefully it will go away as I need to fly back to the US in a couple days. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Hello All,

I have been in Southeast Asia for over a month now and will be going back home in a few days but I just received the IV bill and AOS bill. After I pay these what happen? Also where can i find info regarding the CR1 steps. Just came down with a really bad cold yesterday. Hopefully it will go away as I need to fly back to the US in a couple days. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Near as I can tell - you are in the NVC processing phase of an I-130 petition.

Since that's the case - have a read:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

and if she's not set up the 'Choice of Agent' form, DS-3032, have her do that via email, now - see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Also - NVC collects 'original documents' plus a copy - so be sure you have her police report, birth certificate, any divorce documents (on both of you) , and the marriage certificate - you'll be mailing these in to NVC.

Once yer finished with NVC processing, NVC will declare 'case complete' and send off the physical case file to GUZ. After a few months, it's opened in GUZ, magical wizard things happen that no one really knows about (name checks etc) and then an interview date will be assigned AND the P4 will be mailed out to her. She'll need to get a medical exam prior to the interview date. If the police report that you sent in during NVC process has 'aged-out' - ie - the 'date of issuance' is more than one year from the interview date - she'll need to get another police report to bring to the interview.

You can get some speed during the NVC process - click that link and have a read.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Hello All,

Joe

wiki page on visa journey about the process.

At the bottom are links to specific areas.

The nvc shortcuts walk you through step by step whats needed, but sounds like your half way through the nvc process anyway.

After you finish at NVC, they will mail a packet of stuff to your wife (I think you get a copy but dont remember).

It has a checklist of stuff she needs to gather for the interview, and an interview date.

She will need to get a physical done at a US specified location (on the sheets), police report, and some other not too difficult things to get.

The biggest risk in the GUZ consulate is the dreaded "Not a real relationship".

Everyone worries about this, but (imho) there not a lot you can do at the point your at. Make sure you own property together, have pictures together (not studio) and with family. You will read here and other places all the stuff.

Truth is, if there is nothing strange about your application, you will likely not have trouble. A few people do have trouble, and from what they say there is no rhyme or reason to it. Certainly there is some unknown data that the consulate uses, but whatever it is is unknown to everyone.

So, what you can't control, don't worry about.

Best wishes for a happy marriage, and any easy visa

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...ication_Process

You can get it TRANSLATED in the USA via any Chinese-English Translator Person - there's a small attestation they have to write out and sign.

Do you have a copy or an original of the police report? NVC wants original documents, PLUS a copy.

You can get it TRANSLATED in the USA via any Chinese-English Translator Person - there's a small attestation they have to write out and sign.

Do you have a copy or an original of the police report? NVC wants original documents, PLUS a copy.

Hello

What I have is a certified copy that is already translated into English. Can I take this certified copy and make a copy then get it notarized in the US to get a second copy?

Joe

do you have 'an original, chinese language police certificate with certified translation document attached' ? if so - that's an original.

i don't understand what a 'certified copy' is, or even how to obtain one, or even how to explain the validity of such a document. I'm sorry.