About name change

Is anyone here whose wife had her name changed after marriage? I had my my changed and I wanted to get my SSN statue changed which means I wanted the "not authorized to work with DHS" disappear from my SSC after I had received my GC. So I went to the local social security office they told me they can not give me a replacement card because my name in the USCIS system is still the name that appears on my passport which is my maiden name. Anyone has any idea or been through the same situation?

What name is on the green card? The 'passport name' or your new name?

She told me that USCIS didn't update my profile in the system. By the way, if i want to go back to China would it be easier if I go to the consulate and get a sticker or something like that to indicate I have a new name.

Edited by bla (see edit history)

She told me that USCIS didn't update my profile in the system. By the way, if i want to go back to China would it be easier if I go to the consulate and get a sticker or something like that to indicate I have a new name.

Your green card name should be there by now. If not, make an InfoPass appointment to gt it straightened out. Yes, you can get a passport supplement to show the new name.

Your green card name should be there by now. If not, make an InfoPass appointment to gt it straightened out. Yes, you can get a passport supplement to show the new name.

Can you tell me what i should do to get a passport supplement? Thanks a lot.

Can you tell me what i should do to get a passport supplement? Thanks a lot.

At the consulate. I believe you can do this through a visa agency - just Google "Chinese passport amendment"