a big problem regarding CCP - please , any advice!

thanks warpedbored,

resigning from the CCP, my husband thinks this will be very difficult and April 3, his University is going to pay the rest of the fees that he did not pay. He is trying to figure out a way to stop them. I really hope he can. But, even if he is able to stop them and he is no longer a member, do you think they will give him a blue anyway for being a former member? He seems to think so. arrggghhhhh.

He had to be a member to get promoted and make more money. Thus it is a condition of his employment in a sense since no one wants to not get promoted. This is a common thing at the consulate, they are well aware of the issue. it would be best if he resigned from the party before the interview. I would write a statement that he joined the party to get ahead at work but in no way believes in the ideology of the party. He has since resigned and is no longer a member. There will be a delay while more name checks are done and a waiver is processed but it shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 months

hi there,

My hubby didn't "have" to be a member for his work, but he joined to earn more money. It was his choice. Now, I'm a CR1, so I know I'll be getting the DS 230 part II which will ask if he is affiliated with the Communist party. He will definitely answer honestly. If he says he is and they give him a blue slip, because he was not required to be in the CCP but joined by his own choice, will this affect him?

Well, there we have it. If you get the GNI-2 form in your P-4 packet there is no dodging the issue.

Since CCP membership is an automatic blue slip be prepared to prove your sweet heart had to be a member for employment. It would be a good idea to have a statement prepared like mamabear did to give them.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will almost certainly give him a blue slip for having been a CCP member. Being a member of the comunist party is automatic disqualification for immigration. He will have to get a waiver. It will almost certainly delay his visa for 3-4 months. It is a delay you can pretty much count on. Read the link to mamabear's ordeal I posted. There is a lot of good information there. I know it is a tough thing to look forward to but the better prepared you are the better your outcome. Start gathering your information now. Date he joined the party, date he quit (if he does, Mamabear didn't and she got her visa) why he joined (to further his carreer) etc etc etc. It may be a good idea to email mamabear and seek her advice. Perhaps she can give you a copy of her letter.

Good luck

thanks warpedbored,

resigning from the CCP, my husband thinks this will be very difficult and April 3, his University is going to pay the rest of the fees that he did not pay. He is trying to figure out a way to stop them. I really hope he can. But, even if he is able to stop them and he is no longer a member, do you think they will give him a blue anyway for being a former member? He seems to think so. arrggghhhhh.

He had to be a member to get promoted and make more money. Thus it is a condition of his employment in a sense since no one wants to not get promoted. This is a common thing at the consulate, they are well aware of the issue. it would be best if he resigned from the party before the interview. I would write a statement that he joined the party to get ahead at work but in no way believes in the ideology of the party. He has since resigned and is no longer a member. There will be a delay while more name checks are done and a waiver is processed but it shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 months

hi there,

My hubby didn't "have" to be a member for his work, but he joined to earn more money. It was his choice. Now, I'm a CR1, so I know I'll be getting the DS 230 part II which will ask if he is affiliated with the Communist party. He will definitely answer honestly. If he says he is and they give him a blue slip, because he was not required to be in the CCP but joined by his own choice, will this affect him?

Well, there we have it. If you get the GNI-2 form in your P-4 packet there is no dodging the issue.

Since CCP membership is an automatic blue slip be prepared to prove your sweet heart had to be a member for employment. It would be a good idea to have a statement prepared like mamabear did to give them.

My husband has decided to let the University pay his CCP membership because he thinks that being a former CCP member will probably yield the same results - a 3-4 month delay. I have to agree with him. We will mark yes for the CCP question on the DS-230 part II.

We can only hope the VO he has does not ask him if he is a CCP member - we're thinking pink....but we're preparing ourselves for blue.

IF the VOs asks at the interview... they already suspect and it may be a "honor system" question... so he should answer exactly to the question asked.

A denial would not be unusual... and dealy of 3-12 months is also not usual.

My husband has decided to let the University pay his CCP membership because he thinks that being a former CCP member will probably yield the same results - a 3-4 month delay. I have to agree with him. We will mark yes for the CCP question on the DS-230 part II.

We can only hope the VO he has does not ask him if he is a CCP member - we're thinking pink....but we're preparing ourselves for blue.

IF the VOs asks at the interview... they already suspect and it may be a "honor system" question... so he should answer exactly to the question asked.

A denial would not be unusual... and dealy of 3-12 months is also not usual.

Personally, I'd do the same as your husband. But expect a blue slip and remember that a blue slip is a delay and not an outright denial. Have an explanation ready in writing.
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks, took a look. My husband prepared a letter in Chinese and had a Chinese teacher who taught English translate it, so he will have a letter ready that way, instead of writing it himself and looking for someone to notarize it. He says many people on the 001 website have done it so it shouldn't be a problem.

I found a lot of good nuggets here -

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=28012&hl=

Have a look ?