a big problem regarding CCP - please , any advice!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which form is this question on?

If you are K-1 you won't see it on a form until you file AOS. They usually ask at the interview though.

Actually, that's not true. The GNI-2 form requires a specific answer to that question. You can view all the K1 / K2 forms here:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/Visa_Checklist_for_candle_K1.pdf

Give me link to the actual form. I want to read it. The I-485 is explicit in asking "if you have ever been..." I read through all the K-1 forms listed on VJ, the only reference I saw to party membership was on the DS-230.

If my wife had been a member of the CCP I would have rather dealt with it in the states while filing AOS. They don't always ask at the interview. I remember a post quite a while back where the beneficiary was prepared to answer truthfully if asked, since they didn't the visa was approved.

Guest ShaQuaNew

If you are K-1 you won't see it on a form until you file AOS. They usually ask at the interview though.

Actually, that's not true. The GNI-2 form requires a specific answer to that question. You can view all the K1 / K2 forms here:

Give me link to the actual form. I want to read it. The I-485 is explicit in asking "if you have ever been..." I read through all the K-1 forms listed on VJ, the only reference I saw to party membership was on the DS-230.

If my wife had been a member of the CCP I would have rather dealt with it in the states while filing AOS. They don't always ask at the interview. I remember a post quite a while back where the beneficiary was prepared to answer truthfully if asked, since they didn't the visa was approved.

I copied all the pages to the K1 forms to that PDF document, which is posted on Candle. You can view it in the link I left. Here is a copy of that page. Look at question number 7:

http://i39.tinypic.com/24nmptf.jpg

Here's a link Carl.

http://guangzhou-ch.usembassy-china.org.cn..._Form_GNI-2.pdf

It isn't specifically worded that way. It asks for all organizations belonged to since age 16, including political. And then under those listed as ineligible it says "aliens who are, or at any time have been...members of or affiliated with any totaliltarian party..."

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Question 17 C?

Question 7, which reads:

GNI-2 Question Number 7:

List all organizations or political parties you are now or have been a member of or affiliated with sinch your sixteenth birthday. Include professional, social, and political organizations:

1. Name of Organization

2. Dates of Membership

3. Type of Membership/Leadership Positions

Well, there we have it. If you get the GNI-2 form in your P-4 packet there is no dodging the issue.

Since CCP membership is an automatic blue slip be prepared to prove your sweet heart had to be a member for employment. It would be a good idea to have a statement prepared like mamabear did to give them.

Well, there we have it. If you get the GNI-2 form in your P-4 packet there is no dodging the issue.

Since CCP membership is an automatic blue slip be prepared to prove your sweet heart had to be a member for employment. It would be a good idea to have a statement prepared like mamabear did to give them.

Since I can't remember to save me and for the OP and other's benefit, did mamabear present her letter at the interview or later for overcome? If at the interview did that avoid the blue slip?

Since I can't remember to save me and for the OP and other's benefit, did mamabear present her letter at the interview or later for overcome? If at the interview did that avoid the blue slip?

She presented the letter at the end of the interview when she got the blue slip. Since a waiver is required and more background checks done presenting the statement at the interview would not likely prevent a blue slip. I have heard reports of the VO letting it slide but it is rare.

She presented the letter at the end of the interview when she got the blue slip. Since a waiver is required and more background checks done presenting the statement at the interview would not likely prevent a blue slip. I have heard reports of the VO letting it slide but it is rare.

Thanks.

hi there,

My hubby didn't "have" to be a member for his work, but he joined to earn more money. It was his choice. Now, I'm a CR1, so I know I'll be getting the DS 230 part II which will ask if he is affiliated with the Communist party. He will definitely answer honestly. If he says he is and they give him a blue slip, because he was not required to be in the CCP but joined by his own choice, will this affect him?

He had to be a member to get promoted and make more money. Thus it is a condition of his employment in a sense since no one wants to not get promoted. This is a common thing at the consulate, they are well aware of the issue. it would be best if he resigned from the party before the interview. I would write a statement that he joined the party to get ahead at work but in no way believes in the ideology of the party. He has since resigned and is no longer a member. There will be a delay while more name checks are done and a waiver is processed but it shouldn't be more than 3 or 4 months

hi there,

My hubby didn't "have" to be a member for his work, but he joined to earn more money. It was his choice. Now, I'm a CR1, so I know I'll be getting the DS 230 part II which will ask if he is affiliated with the Communist party. He will definitely answer honestly. If he says he is and they give him a blue slip, because he was not required to be in the CCP but joined by his own choice, will this affect him?