Support For Attorney Roth's Memorandum

Hey Folks, I got word that the Comment section on Mr. Roth's blog for his Memorandum had been broken, but now it has been fixed. We can now leave our comments.

He is in the process of working with the American Immigration Lawyer's Association, which he had copied his Memo to, to show a broad general support for the Memorandum. It would be great to have this group of professionals behind the Memorandum!

I know that many people here on CFL have said that they've written letters in support of the Memorandum to their congresspersons and others from Defendo's list.

For anyone who hasn't put anything in writing and even for those who have, take a few moments and write your impressions on the Memorandum and post them in the Comments section.

This is a great chance for those folks who sent their information to Mr. Roth but didn't get their case history included in the Memo to still become part of this effort to make changes for the common good.

Please visit his site and add your 2 cents.

Thanks All,

Splinterman

Hey Folks, I got word that the Comment section on Mr. Roth's blog for his Memorandum had been broken, but now it has been fixed. We can now leave our comments.

He is in the process of working with the American Immigration Lawyer's Association, which he had copied his Memo to, to show a broad general support for the Memorandum. It would be great to have this group of professionals behind the Memorandum!

I know that many people here on CFL have said that they've written letters in support of the Memorandum to their congresspersons and others from Defendo's list.

For anyone who hasn't put anything in writing and even for those who have, take a few moments and write your impressions on the Memorandum and post them in the Comments section.

This is a great chance for those folks who sent their information to Mr. Roth but didn't get their case history included in the Memo to still become part of this effort to make changes for the common good.

Thanks All,

Splinterman

Here is the link for the blog. We need to add our support for the efforts that Mr. Roth has made. Only a collective effort can demonstrate that what is going on in GUZ is a pattern affecting many. DOS is trying to portray a perception that GUZ is following policy and the each case is unique and is adjudicated fairly. Your silence will only perpetuate this myth.

Peace,

Defendo

Thanks All,

Splinterman

Here is the link for the blog. We need to add our support for the efforts that Mr. Roth has made. Only a collective effort can demonstrate that what is going on in GUZ is a pattern affecting many. DOS is trying to portray a perception that GUZ is following policy and the each case is unique and is adjudicated fairly. Your silence will only perpetuate this myth.

Peace,

Defendo

Link: http://www.arctec.com/blog/

WOW he's got my vote!

B)

Guys and Gals,

For the life of me I can't understand why there have been no comments posted on the Memo blog, nor has there been much activity on this posting!

All of you out there who have complained in the past about the injustices coming out of GUZ, where are you now?

Splinterman

Apathy, to answer your question, maybe. Maybe we are in the minority

with our denials. I do agree that "the hand over mouth" answers to the reasons for a non-bonafide denial is a cheap shot by the State Department, or any US Gov. agency involved to such a personal request in a pursuit of happiness.

I just posted a longish comment as 'anonymous' - but it says now that it has to be approved. Here's the body :greenblob:

Here's some things that we'd love to see at GUZ that deal specifically with blue slips and visa issuance:

1. many times our fiancees or spouses are hand carrying any documentation that could address a blue slip, at the interview window. We'd like to see the Visa Officer accept this evidence in real time, from her hand to the VO's hand, at the end of the interview, with a maximum of 3 days for further adjudication. The VOs do have the time to review this material in the afternoons.

2. Sometimes the visa cannot be issued within a 3 working day span because the name check is not complete, and the petition goes into AP (additional processing) mode. There is no notification to the beneficiary, in real time, about this. The VO already knows, at the interview, whether or not the petition is complete at the time of the interview - we'd like the VO to tell the beneficiary, at interview time, whether or not the Visa will actually be issued during this 3 day window, and whether or not the namecheck is complete, and whether or not the petition is complete - all before the beneficiary leaves the interview. We feel this could take as much as 30 seconds in additional time for each interview. Most beneficiaries have to stay in Guangzhou to wait for the VISA to arrive at that special China Post Office, and if they knew , on interview day, that the visa could not be issued within the normal time frame - then they could get on with the rest of

their planned living situations. Some of our members have had to stay in Guangzhou at a hotel for up to 3 weeks without any word of 'what's going on' - and in some cases, another notice was sent after a verbal approval at the interview, stating that the case needs more processing. Even this postal notice is unacceptable - as the VO knows , right then and there during the interview, whether or not the VISA will be issued during the 3 day window or no.

3. The 'change-of-address' problem at GUZ is troublesome - our members have emailed, faxed, called into the Shanghai Call Center, and sent postal mail notices about beneficiaries' change of address. 1/2 of the time, these changes are not applied, and a mailing label is generated with the address that was collected on the original G-325A form. We'd like to see something else occur at GUZ for 'same-day' change and storage of 'change-of-address' for beneficiaries.

Specifically for White Slips on the 'not a bonafide relationship' NOID issuance - The beneficiary is NEVER TOLD at the interview the exact reason for this white slip. We want that changed, so that any beneficiary is told, in real time, vocally and in writing, the exact details of the VO's reasoning behind the White Slip Issuance. Usually, the VOs will find some anomoly in the paperwork or in some timelines or timeticks, and then ask inane questions to the beneficiary, with the beneficiary totally unable to answer (getting flustered as well) - and the VO will have some incendiary reaction to the beneficiary, and not make any explanation.

WOW he's got my vote!

:greenblob:

Guys and Gals,

For the life of me I can't understand why there have been no comments posted on the Memo blog, nor has there been much activity on this posting!

All of you out there who have complained in the past about the injustices coming out of GUZ, where are you now?

Splinterman

I tried. It doesn't work.

WOW he's got my vote!

:(

Guys and Gals,

Splinterman

Are you saying that you tried to leave a comment and the 'system' isn't accepting the comments?

If anyone is having trouble posting comments please let me know and I can advise Mr. Roth that something is wrong.

I do know that any comments submitted must be approved before they appear on the site.

Splinterman

for me - it was accepting the comment - but - right after - it told me to wait for manual approval. That's a feature, that can be turned on, by his blogging software. Apparently, it's turned on...

I put in my longish comment over at http://www.arctec.com/blog/2009/03/john-ro...orandum-re.html

Warmest Regards...

update - 21:18 - it's been 'updated' - ie - he approved some comments to come through.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Thanks All,

Splinterman

Thank you to all who have posted comments, and also to those who have tried but had some problems. Please keep trying, this is very important. I will try to let Mr. Roth know that some folks are having a difficult time getting their comments accepted and posted.

Splinterman

WOW he's got my vote!

:rotfl:

Guys and Gals,

Splinterman

Are you saying that you tried to leave a comment and the 'system' isn't accepting the comments?

If anyone is having trouble posting comments please let me know and I can advise Mr. Roth that something is wrong.

I do know that any comments submitted must be approved before they appear on the site.

Splinterman

Ah,I"m glad I am not the only one,I thought I was mentally retarded,but I tried a few times to leave a comment,was not working for me either,

Jimi

WOW he's got my vote!

:lol:

Guys and Gals,

Splinterman

Splinterman

Not exactly. I tried and it wouldn't allow me to enter a comment. The comment page comes up, but it doesn't allow me to enter text. Perhaps it doesn't like Firefox.

Edited by Bert-Jie Lin (see edit history)

i tried again tonight,i was able to type in text,but after i press "finish"

it will not accept my comment......Hmm,i use firefox also !!maybe it doesn't like fire fox

jimi

I've sent an email to Mr. Roth and told him that there seems to be a problem with his site accepting comments. Hopefully, he can figure this out and fix the problem.

Thanks to everyone who has tried, and please keep trying if you have not been able to get your comments added.

Splinterman