Just got our interview date!

Great to hear! Will she be flying home with you or waiting a bit?

She was talking about staying back a couple weeks or so but she said right now she is so tired of waiting with this very long immigration process she wants to just come straight away with me. The only thing holding that back would of course be getting PINK then if the seat is avail and the cost of said seat.

you are buying one way ticket for yourself to fly there first? then buy a ticket together once you are over there?

I am required to do a round trip ticket by the Navy in order to get permission to travel there.

whether you are required to or not, you should get a round trip ticket. two one-way tickets would be almost twice as expensive, right? just pick a seat for your return flight that has a single open seat next to it, and hope it remains vacant until your fiancee gets pink... (edit -- until she gets a *visa*)

Any one else gunna be in GUZ around 11 may?

wish i was. even though i found several things about guangzhou rather disagreeable, it was still an interesting city to go to for a visit

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you and the lil' lady the best of luck. I'll be in the "Cuckoo's Nest" during your interview time but I'll call cuzin' Chawls to see how things fare for you guys. At any rate I'll be pullin' for your success.

tsap seui

Sometimes I have to laugh at myself as I feel like a 21 year old still in the 1st grade, with everyone passing me. :blink:

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Congratulations! Now start cleaning the house.

:P Started last night ;)

:rolleyes: Congrats Robert and Ting :lol: ...we're right behind you. Our case was approved and sent to GUZ last week. As for cleaning the house I recommend Don's checklist...here. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4673

get busy and shape up or ship out! :o

Edited by usaRichard (see edit history)

Thanks everyone.

Found a ticket round trip straight to GUZ going through Japan.

Cost $1035.00

Was the cheapest I could find, the travel peeps never called me back so I got it on line which I hate to do cuz I don't get to pick my seat.

The trick is right now getting a decent ticket for Ting since it's a holiday there when she needs to fly so everyone is price gouging.

We decided to stay at the same place Wendy and Dylan stayed at since they have wifi and I heard the term "soft bed". ;) it's true! I read it with my own ears on CFL a couple places B) B)

Hi there, congratulations and good luck on your interview. I was looking at your timeline. I don't quite understand how you recieved your interview date so soon after sending your P3 in? Did you call it in? Just curious, thanks. I sent mine in March 20th.

7:15 am 11 May 2009

Worst day to have it on since I want to attend ACH before the interview so I will have to arrive WAY early maybe leave from here April 30 and back March 19 if I can swing it. I'll have to go 5 or 6 days in the hole on vacation time if work allows me to do that as I really want to see our family again before we go. Its been so long since I saw them last. Hope I have enough funds for that too, was planning 2 weeks but now looking like longer. We will see.

Wish us luck!

Congratulations.

I didn't attend ACH because there was none the week of our interview. Going to ACS with an evolution letter to notarize seemed to work just as well, at least for us.

Making an appt online gets you to the window sooner but you can't make an appt until a few weeks before the date you want. If you go to the consulate website and look for ACS and "make an appt" it will show you which days they are scheduling currently. Just keep checking back until your day opens and book it.

Good luck.

Congratulations.

I didn't attend ACH because there was none the week of our interview. Going to ACS with an evolution letter to notarize seemed to work just as well, at least for us.

Making an appt online gets you to the window sooner but you can't make an appt until a few weeks before the date you want. If you go to the consulate website and look for ACS and "make an appt" it will show you which days they are scheduling currently. Just keep checking back until your day opens and book it.

Good luck.

So an appointment must be made for ACH you cant just show up?

Hi there, congratulations and good luck on your interview. I was looking at your timeline. I don't quite understand how you recieved your interview date so soon after sending your P3 in? Did you call it in? Just curious, thanks. I sent mine in March 20th.

7:15 am 11 May 2009

Worst day to have it on since I want to attend ACH before the interview so I will have to arrive WAY early maybe leave from here April 30 and back March 19 if I can swing it. I'll have to go 5 or 6 days in the hole on vacation time if work allows me to do that as I really want to see our family again before we go. Its been so long since I saw them last. Hope I have enough funds for that too, was planning 2 weeks but now looking like longer. We will see.

Wish us luck!

I knew what was going to be in the P3 and with Lee's help we had EVERYTHING predone. As soon as I heard they sent the P3 Ting mailed out our already prepared P3 response. Turns out shaved at least a couple weeks off the wait cuz DAMN they took a long time mailing it.

Congratulations.

Good luck.

So an appointment must be made for ACH you cant just show up?

ACS (American Citizen Services) needs an appointment - ACH (American Citizen's Hour does not.

American citizens may make an appointment to visit the American Citizen Services office Monday to Friday, between 9:00am to 11:30am and 1:30pm to 3:00pm. These appointments should be made online: you can find a link to the appointments page from the ACS webpage: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/service.html. Please note that ACS cannot accept documents submitted by immigrant visa petitioners and has limited ability to answer questions about IV cases
American citizens are not permitted to accompany NIV applicants (friends, relatives, employees, etc.) to their interview. Instead, if they have general non-immigrant visa questions, they are encouraged to speak to an officer during American citizen hour, which is held each Monday afternoon from 3:00 - 4:00 PM in the NIV waiting room. Please note that specific case information cannot be shared nor can a case be pre-adjudicated.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/citizen.html

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thanks everyone we really appreciate all the support CFL has provided us but I like the friendships we have forged just as much.

Some of you may know I was promoted at work, no extra pay just extra work and headaches so I have not been on CFL as much as I like to recently.

I have the tickets and the reservations, trying to get ting her ticket to GUZ but is proving to be difficult right now for various reasons, it;s starting to give me a headache.

Going to todder off to bed now, I just made that word up hehe.

B)