New 'General' USCIS Timelines

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

This seems promising - USCIS is reporting, through their 'grid' thingie, they that've lopped off a month, from 6 months, down to 5 months, for approvals on I-129s and I-130s.

Publication Date - 3/23/09 .

[Note to Mods, please move as needed]

This seems promising - USCIS is reporting, through their 'grid' thingie, they that've lopped off a month, from 6 months, down to 5 months, for approvals on I-129s and I-130s.

Yes their goal is down 1 month from 6 to 5 .... actual time is 6.8 for I-130 and 6 for I-129F.

If they would reduce their goal to 4 months we could pretend they are faster ..... maybe that would be need another fee increase ... goal of 4 months and actual of 7.8 ...

Yes their goal is down 1 month from 6 to 5 .... actual time is 6.8 for I-130 and 6 for I-129F.

If they would reduce their goal to 4 months we could pretend they are faster ..... maybe that would be need another fee increase ... goal of 4 months and actual of 7.8 ...

. . . or they could simply increase their estimates of what it would have been WITHOUT the fee increase to 8 and 7

It's amazing what these fee increases can do in USCIS_land.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hey - Come On - I'm just happy they've lopped off a month from their GOALS.

It won't 'normalize' on actual for some time - due to the Fee Increase (but y'all knew that already).

GoGoGadget ConfidenceIntervals !

Hey - Come On - I'm just happy they've lopped off a month from their GOALS.

It won't 'normalize' on actual for some time - due to the Fee Increase (but y'all knew that already).

GoGoGadget ConfidenceIntervals !

The goals were changed for the fee increase - in July 2007. They haven't been changed since.

This memo simply re-iterates their "commitment" to the previous goals.

This is not news - just an update on their "progress"

There have reports of 30 day approvals in 2009, this speed up along with the new NVC payment processing, can take several months off the time. Maybe we will see the K-3 eliminated, and the K-1 and CR-1/IR-1 times running close, who knows, maybe they will start something new that slows it down. Mike & Yizhen

The posted times used to run way behind the goals, especially in GUZ

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...

Randy - OK - now I see where they're just 're-affirming the goals' from the prior 2 years. Drats. I thought I had stumbled into something 'new'. It's not new....

I guess I'm really trying to get a handle as to why I-130 petitions are going superfast, apparently, this last quarter out of the CSC.

VSC times seem to be reducing as well. Yay ! But, not as much as CSC.