Matter of TIME

2 Q's:

1) How long after you get notice from GZ to drop off your passport, do you have to actually go drop it off for your visa?

2) How long after you pick up your visa do you have to enter the USA?

(is it basically just the 90 days to marry limitation?)

1. after your interview, you give your passport to the CO and you can goto the post office in 2-3 days to go pick it up.

2 you have 6 months to use it, after your fiancee enters the USA, she has 90 days to marry.....

Oh ok, so the 90 days don't start until she actually steps foot onto US soil.

Are there any cases where US port of entry denies you entry once you get over here? What kind of process occurs during port of entry ie at the airport?

Thanks for quick reply!

1. after your interview, you give your passport to the CO and you can goto the post office in 2-3 days to go pick it up.

2 you have 6 months to use it, after your fiancee enters the USA, she has 90 days to marry.....

Are there any cases where US port of entry denies you entry once you get over here? What kind of process occurs during port of entry ie at the airport?

Thanks for quick reply!

your fiancee will not be denied entry if she has the proper documents, just make sure to doesn't open the brown envolope that she brought from China, if she does then she might be denied entry, that envolope is for immigration eyes only for the moment, once she arrives she will be asked to hand over that envolope and passport, and will be asked some questions and get her finger prints and that should be it, she will be lead through to baggage claim...

Thanks for quick reply!

your fiancee will not be denied entry if she has the proper documents, just make sure to doesn't open the brown envolope that she brought from China, if she does then she might be denied entry, that envolope is for immigration eyes only for the moment, once she arrives she will be asked to hand over that envolope and passport, and will be asked some questions and get her finger prints and that should be it, she will be lead through to baggage claim...

What is the "brown envelope"? Is the brown envelope given after she recieves her visa?

Thanks for quick reply!

What is the "brown envelope"? Is the brown envelope given after she recieves her visa?

she will be given a brown envolope sealed, this envolope contains the original I-129F documents sent to USCIS + Medical forms(i think).. you have to make sure she doesn't open it, if she does then she will need this reselaed again before leaving China....

Thanks for quick reply!

she will be given a brown envolope sealed, this envolope contains the original I-129F documents sent to USCIS + Medical forms(i think).. you have to make sure she doesn't open it, if she does then she will need this reselaed again before leaving China....

Thanks alot! One more question. Does my fiancee have to drop off her passport and pick up her visa along with the "brown envelope" herself, or can she have someone else do all this for her. Since she will not need another interview as it says on the blue slip.

after the interview, she will leave her passport with the CO, i'm not sure about the brown envelope. i'm pretty sure it's together with the passport in the post office...

So she needs another interview after the blue slip? I recall the blue slip said "no second interview needed", just mail in the requested docs.

We have family in Shenzhen, so if we could, I want my fiancee to give her passport to them, so that they can drop it off for her in GZ for her visa and pick it up for her when its ready.

• 8 months later...

they rarely ask them to come back in for questioning.. my impression is that it's not a good sign if when they do this.

Someone else can pick it up from what I recall, but I cannot recall what steps to take to do it. I think it can also be mailed.

Hopefully others will chime in.

Okay, so we're wondering about this too... if Will can designate a friend to pick up the stuff for him at the PO, what would we need to do? Leave his ID card number, or...?! He's thinking of having some friends pick it up and send it to us if we have to wait past Tuesday.

However, he says that the EMS receipt says you MUST pick it up in person yourself?!