So I'm an idiot...

So we were going through the paper work from the consulate as we're prepping for AOS, and my wife brought me a paper she had not previsouly read that was a warning about packing X-rays in luggage.

And I feel like an ass. I even thought about it after the interview, but with everything else happening, it slipped my mind when we packed to come home.

So how screwed am I? And what do I need to do to fix my foolish mistake?

Don't worry about it. In all of my years here on CFL I have only heard of one instance where X-rays were asked for at the POE. Certainly not for AOS. The only medical thing you need for AOS is the I-693 portion that deals with vaccinations. That must be filled out and signed off on by a civil surgeon.

Don't worry about it. In all of my years here on CFL I have only heard of one instance where X-rays were asked for at the POE. Certainly not for AOS. The only medical thing you need for AOS is the I-693 portion that deals with vaccinations. That must be filled out and signed off on by a civil surgeon.

Cool. That was my next question: We are going to the Civil Surgeon on Friday - All we need to take is her vaccination record and passort, right?

For some reason I was thinking there was medical info about her physical in GUZ that we needed to take with us, but the took all the medical info at POE......

Hopefully the Civil's in KC know more about the K series exams than they do in the SW part of the state.

We went in Monday with the vaccination book and the medical book and the Dr. started a new full physical. After talking to him he left and a nurse came back in after referencing the manuals and figured that a new TB skin test and a whole new series of shots are required.

Looks like the TB test will have to be completed but the majority of the new shots as of 01/09 are not age appropriate. Back tomorrow for round two.

Good Luck

Hopefully the Civil's in KC know more about the K series exams than they do in the SW part of the state.

We went in Monday with the vaccination book and the medical book and the Dr. started a new full physical. After talking to him he left and a nurse came back in after referencing the manuals and figured that a new TB skin test and a whole new series of shots are required.

Looks like the TB test will have to be completed but the majority of the new shots as of 01/09 are not age appropriate. Back tomorrow for round two.

Good Luck

They "seem" to know what they are doing.

The told me that since it is only a K-1 visa, they only need to fill out her vaccination portion of the form. The said nothing about a TB, and I asked them about it. The lady I talked to seemed pretty knowledgable about the K-1 process, and familiar with the differences between the varous visa types.

I'm hopeful.