2 STRIKES

Here's the lastest sports fans.........ANOTHER DENIAL @ HK this has been an experience for sure. Got to the Consulate and the only one allowed upstairs was the wife, I was fit to be tied. About an hour later they came down for me. They had taken some docs and pics from the wife before I was upstairs. Only about 5 for interviews, just a room with chairs like a gallery and 4 tellers windows (bullet proof) where they conducted first part of interview. Everyone heard your business and very unprofessional. We were the last, they asked the wife up to the window and they started to ask wife questions in Chinese. They asked if she could answer in English, she said no. Then the questions came hot and furious, she stood there for an hour, question after question. They asked me if i could speak chinese I said very little, they were a little pissed and asked how we understood each other. I said after 4 years we know each other more than you think. That ended that. Then they went to have a pow wow and the lady brought re-enforcements a man. Asked the wife to step inside an office without me and started grilling her again. They came out and said to me because wife knows little english and I know hardly no chineseNO GO. Plus they pulled from the wife we married in HK to interview in HK, well that was a no no. So they denied right then and there and said go to GUZ with the I-130. which they had no record of in computer. Since no ties to HK thats the route to go. The man even came out and spoke several sentences in chinese real quickly to me. I went duh

So the moral of the story is, if the significant other cannot speak at least 50% english and understand it, and you cannot speak at least 30% chinese, and you have no ties to HK, you wil not get a petition there FOR SURE.

I am glad I have the I-130 still in the kicker, al I have to do to start that is send in the $70.

HK is strickly ENGLISH all the way.

Thats it from Shenzhen for now......I need a break to relax after this one. over and out

Man Broken Heart,i am sorry to hear this news......i am worried about my wife,she is going to english school,and is improving at her english,but Guz is also making a big deal on the english .....i am often amazed on the question"how do you two communicate"as if language is the only way to communicate......the strange thing about this all, we communicate more with our chinese wifes,then these people who speak the same language as their spouses,but sit in front of a tv set ,and do not communicate at all. Its Ironic......

anyway man....geez,what can anyone say........it sucks.......hang in there man.

jimi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BrokenHeart I thought this would really be your time. So sorry to hear it did not work out. I have a question for you..........How much communication evidence did you send in with your I-130 and I-129F? I think this is very important as you said, there are ways to communicate without being competent in each others' languages but IMO this needs to be front loaded in the original petition.

Bottom Line..........denial.............."not a bonifide relationship".

They did not look at document one from me. They wanted to see what wife had. Wife showed them emails, receipts for presents sent to her cards from postal and thats it. I had a suitcase full of emails and chats, bank statements, deposits for 2008, DBA business stuff, I was loaded for bear and they did not ask for one document from me. Hell, I had all the proof for 4 years. Go figure that one !!!!!!!!!!!!

After a heated discussion with the wife, she wants a USA lawyer, I said anything you want. Whos a good lawyer that wont take the money and run and one that has been through the same situation. Hellother people have been through worst and got approved. Yahoo Ming plays ballfor the houston rockets couldnt speak a lick of english and got a visa in 2 months, yeah right. Its the money talks and BS walks I guess. Nice rules for for immigration.

Bottom Line..........denial.............."not a bonifide relationship".

They did not look at document one from me. They wanted to see what wife had. Wife showed them emails, receipts for presents sent to her cards from postal and thats it. I had a suitcase full of emails and chats, bank statements, deposits for 2008, DBA business stuff, I was loaded for bear and they did not ask for one document from me. Hell, I had all the proof for 4 years. Go figure that one !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not talking about what you brought to the interview. I am talking about what you sent in when you filed the I-130 and the I-129F. (front loading)

After a heated discussion with the wife, she wants a USA lawyer, I said anything you want. Whos a good lawyer that wont take the money and run and one that has been through the same situation. Hellother people have been through worst and got approved. Yahoo Ming plays ballfor the houston rockets couldnt speak a lick of english and got a visa in 2 months, yeah right. Its the money talks and BS walks I guess. Nice rules for for immigration.

Marc Ellis........you can find his email address in the FAQs and click "denials" and you will see an article written by him. His email address is at the bottom of the article.

The ugly not bonifide rears its head again. I'm not taking the DOS side here but you're in a pickle. They tripped you up twice from two different consulates, right? IMHO take every piece of paperwork from both cases and the kitchen sink to GUZ. Get as high up the chain of command you can and start asking questions. What do we need to do to get this thing moving. The HK thing was NOT meant to be an end run.

Here's the lastest sports fans.........ANOTHER DENIAL @ HK this has been an experience for sure. Got to the Consulate and the only one allowed upstairs was the wife, I was fit to be tied. About an hour later they came down for me. They had taken some docs and pics from the wife before I was upstairs. Only about 5 for interviews, just a room with chairs like a gallery and 4 tellers windows (bullet proof) where they conducted first part of interview. Everyone heard your business and very unprofessional. We were the last, they asked the wife up to the window and they started to ask wife questions in Chinese. They asked if she could answer in English, she said no. Then the questions came hot and furious, she stood there for an hour, question after question. They asked me if i could speak chinese I said very little, they were a little pissed and asked how we understood each other. I said after 4 years we know each other more than you think. That ended that. Then they went to have a pow wow and the lady brought re-enforcements a man. Asked the wife to step inside an office without me and started grilling her again. They came out and said to me because wife knows little english and I know hardly no chineseNO GO. Plus they pulled from the wife we married in HK to interview in HK, well that was a no no. So they denied right then and there and said go to GUZ with the I-130. which they had no record of in computer. Since no ties to HK thats the route to go. The man even came out and spoke several sentences in chinese real quickly to me. I went duh

So the moral of the story is, if the significant other cannot speak at least 50% english and understand it, and you cannot speak at least 30% chinese, and you have no ties to HK, you wil not get a petition there FOR SURE.

I am glad I have the I-130 still in the kicker, al I have to do to start that is send in the $70.

HK is strickly ENGLISH all the way.

Thats it from Shenzhen for now......I need a break to relax after this one. over and out

Brokenheart, can you shed a little more light and some more detail about what all they grilled your wife on and what their questions were for the time they spent 'interrogating' her? And, was the interview begun without you being present or did they wait to start until after they came and got you?

How did you get to the interview stage in HK with 'no record' of your I-130 being available? And now you can go back to GUZ on the same I-130/K-3 petition? :blink:

When you both were married in Hong Kong, how long did you both stay there after the marriage? Did you leave HK right away or did you spend any time 'honeymooning'?

I completely do not understand their position about not having ties to Hong Kong-I was married in Vegas once and I had no ties to Vegas at all. No family there, no friends. So what? I didn't know you had to have a 'tie' to any place in particular in order to have a reason to get married there...

Splinterman

I don't think it's validity of the marriage that's the question. The DOS giving the visa for the US is the sticking point.

Yes, there might be something to that. I was just curious about what was being asked of the Lao Po, and also some information regarding the Hong Kong marriage, for 'consular-shopping' sake. Plus, it's been posted that at the interview both people can attend. I was wondering if they conducted part of the interview in Brokenheart's absence.

I don't think it's validity of the marriage that's the question. The DOS giving the visa for the US is the sticking point.

Yes, there might be something to that. I was just curious about what was being asked of the Lao Po, and also some information regarding the Hong Kong marriage, for 'consular-shopping' sake. Plus, it's been posted that at the interview both people can attend. I was wondering if they conducted part of the interview in Brokenheart's absence.

it sounds to me like Hong Kong consulate were pissed off,Because Brokenheart and his girl went to Hong Kong to marry to avoid Guz "shopping for a consulate"sort of speak,and Hong Kong consulate played the childish game,"because you did that, we're not giving you the visa...nanananana......"we have the power."

And from what i am reading,and i too would like to hear the questions,and more details.But he took a suitcase of evidence of a bonafide relationship,and little or none was looked at?.......ok.....VO sees some red flags,ok,they are doing there job,........but for GOD SAKE,MOTHER OF GOD.....somebody tell these folks to look at evidence........ damn it,i get so F/N pissed off at this crap.....i mean,the guy brought a kitchen sink whats the point.....he couldve brought 12 kitchen sinks,cut his heart out and thrown it on the ''VO" lap,what is the point if they are not willing to look at the evidence.He couldve had a letter from president Obama with him,saying give this couple a visa,so these two lovely folks can finally live their lives together.The VO would probably refuse to look at it .If they arent willing to examine the evidence......they will never know the whole picture of anything....... we have a people playing God.psychics,reading tea leaves,a judge and no jury.

I hope people are writing them letters,because this crap has got to stop.it is just complete nonsense.....beyond absurd.

Jimi

it sounds to me like Hong Kong consulate were pissed off,Because Brokenheart and his girl went to Hong Kong to marry to avoid Guz "shopping for a consulate"sort of speak,and Hong Kong consulate played the childish game,"because you did that, we're not giving you the visa...nanananana......"we have the power."

And from what i am reading,and i too would like to hear the questions,and more details.But he took a suitcase of evidence of a bonafide relationship,and little or none was looked at?.......ok.....VO sees some red flags,ok,they are doing there job,........but for GOD SAKE,MOTHER OF GOD.....somebody tell these folks to look at evidence........ damn it,i get so F/N pissed off at this crap.....i mean,the guy brought a kitchen sink whats the point.....he couldve brought 12 kitchen sinks,cut his heart out and thrown it on the ''VO" lap,what is the point if they are not willing to look at the evidence.He couldve had a letter from president Obama with him,saying give this couple a visa,so these two lovely folks can finally live their lives together.The VO would probably refuse to look at it .If they arent willing to examine the evidence......they will never know the whole picture of anything....... we have a people playing God.psychics,reading tea leaves,a judge and no jury.

I hope people are writing them letters,because this crap has got to stop.it is just complete nonsense.....beyond absurd.

Jimi

Good point Jimi...the VO's refuse to look at the evidence.

The VO's make their minds up on a couple and they refuse to look at any evidence of your innocence. Lil' rabbit walked up to the interview window with a double brief case loaded with evidence, was treated like shit from the first word out of the VO's mouth, and NOTHING got looked at. She could have gone to the interview with 2 blank sheets of paper. I still get thoughts about my certified $83,000 of income angrily thrown on the floor by the asshole VO. :cheering: And our I-129 was front loaded to hell and back....before that became a term on CFL.

They already have their minds made up before your woman steps up to the window.

And the lame ass VO's minds get made up by the Chinese workers who prepare your application from the P-3 to the actual interview.

I'll write more about that in the morning.

Good luck BrokenHeart, and all the other Broken Hearts out there.

tsap seui

I never heard of front loading until 4 months on here. So I just sent petitions using instructions from VJ only.

Questions asked wife, remember after I was asked upstairs, after they had already taken photos from her album, sealed medical records and looked at a binder full of chats and emails and other stuff.

The first grilling was in front of me, I stood up to go to her and was told to go sit down. (1 hour)

What website we met at?

Does wife understand english?

Does husband understnad chinese?

Husband full name?

What I do for work?

How many times divorced?

Do husband have kids and how many?

Where does wifes daughter live?

Did husband know step daughters husband before daughter married?

How far husband live from daughter and son-in-law?

Any other relatives in the US?

He told wife he does not believe we have a reliable marriage

Wife tells him we go HK to marry to have interview HK.

Asks where we have been to visit in China?

He asked wife why 1st interview not take husband taxes? thats BS

Finally say to wife not believe the marriage is true.

Some of these questions were in an office I was not allowed in.

i think the VO already know what they plan to do even before you walk in.. i think they pre-determine base on the evidence you submitted with the application. only when they feel that they can't make a desision, that's when they ask for evidence.

but what i think the major cause of this rejection is communication. if your only able to communciate with your wife via / internet chat via google translator or even a pda, how can u keep that up without her learning any english. even if he said he speak very littlte chinese , when she reply to him verbally, hoe will he be able to understand what she is talking about?

Jimi