Hi I got married the 28th of feb

I will be going back on april 10th to pick up the marrage certificate. I was told that the K1 visa will expire however I got something in the mail today not sure if I should be concerned about it or not. Have others recived simular letters when there case has expired?

I-797C notice of action

This is to advise you that we have recieved the above application or petition back from the department of state, along with their request that it be reviewed. We will notify you of any action we take on this case

I will be going back on april 10th to pick up the marrage certificate. I was told that the K1 visa will expire however I got something in the mail today not sure if I should be concerned about it or not. Have others recived simular letters when there case has expired?

I-797C notice of action

This is to advise you that we have recieved the above application or petition back from the department of state, along with their request that it be reviewed. We will notify you of any action we take on this case

It says your petition was sent back to the states after a white slip, with a recommendation for revocation

"We will notify you of any action we take on this case" - watch your mailbox.

I-797C notice of action

It says your petition was sent back to the states after a white slip, with a recommendation for revocation

Congratulations on the marriage. Hey Randy, I am STILL watching my mailbox. :lol:

I-797C notice of action

It says what I typed but verbatum however I believe you are correct. I was told by allot of people that they don't review them at the CSC they just let them expire. Do they normally send this notice out when they let them expire or do you think they will give me a chance to appeal my case? If they give me a chance to appeal its a lose lose situation because now they we are married if they do side with me she will not get her visa because it was a K1 and if they side against me she will be banned for life. So this is very bad news unless these letters are justa formality and they are going to let it expire.

I-797C notice of action

It says what I typed but verbatum however I believe you are correct. I was told by allot of people that they don't review them at the CSC they just let them expire. Do they normally send this notice out when they let them expire or do you think they will give me a chance to appeal my case? If they give me a chance to appeal its a lose lose situation because now they we are married if they do side with me she will not get her visa because it was a K1 and if they side against me she will be banned for life. So this is very bad news unless these letters are justa formality and they are going to let it expire.

The K-1 was already denied - there is no way to have that overturned. A petition revocation hearing would give you a chance to get a peak in your folder. Having it re-affirmed wouldn't do anything for you, like you say.

Again, the notice simply says that it has arrived in the states. You will be notified of any revocation hearing.

My take on the revocation hearing is that if you show up (especially after marrying your fiance), look the judge in the eye, and tell him your relationship is bonafide, there is no way they can enter a finding of fraud.

I-797C notice of action

The K-1 was already denied - there is no way to have that overturned. A petition revocation hearing would give you a chance to get a peak in your folder. Having it re-affirmed wouldn't do anything for you, like you say.

Again, the notice simply says that it has arrived in the states. You will be notified of any revocation hearing.

My take on the revocation hearing is that if you show up (especially after marrying your fiance), look the judge in the eye, and tell him your relationship is bonafide, there is no way they can enter a finding of fraud.

If they have a hearing or something where I can defend myself I'm all for that but if they simply say we reviewed your file and decided to revoke without letting me refute anything that would be heartbreaking. That is what I worry the most about.

I spoke with my attorny and I was told this is normal and since I registered for marrage it is invalid now. We will rebutt with the new petition CR1.

Do you think I should call the number on the letter its the USCIS? If I do not call them I worry they might just deny my case as I didn't care enough to call and rebutt over the phone or at least acted concered about it.

Great News !!!

Where did you marry, and which consulate will see her ?

Ho Chi Minh

Cool - Again - Congratulations !!!!

I thought you were gonna try the Thailand route? Oh well - time for more paperwork - I'm sure you'll be fine - yer going to the same consulate again - perhaps this time they'll 'allow' her to come on...

Good Luck !!

Congratulations on your marriage Bryon! Anytime that you get married the K1 is automatically voided. If it were me, I would send the USCIS a brief letter withdrawing the K1, and informing them of the CR1. (you may have already done this). Keep your copy to CYA.

Try to relax a little bit. You are stressing too much. Remember that the consulate is just making you jump through a hoop. Your next go around will be a slam dunk.

If they have a hearing or something where I can defend myself I'm all for that but if they simply say we reviewed your file and decided to revoke without letting me refute anything that would be heartbreaking. That is what I worry the most about.

I spoke with my attorny and I was told this is normal and since I registered for marrage it is invalid now. We will rebutt with the new petition CR1.

Do you think I should call the number on the letter its the USCIS? If I do not call them I worry they might just deny my case as I didn't care enough to call and rebutt over the phone or at least acted concered about it.

The hearing would be for revocation of your petition. Yes, you should (I would say MUST) attend, IF it occurs. They will NOT hold the hearing without notifying you be mail. No action you take outside of the hearing would affect the hearing, IF there is one, unless you or your lawyer could convince them to let you withdraw the petition. A Freedom of Information request might provide useful information.

It is unlikely they will take any action.

I would say, just carry on with your CR-1, and watch your mailbox for any notice concerning the K-1.

The hearing would be for revocation of your petition. Yes, you should (I would say MUST) attend, IF it occurs. They will NOT hold the hearing without notifying you be mail. No action you take outside of the hearing would affect the hearing, IF there is one, unless you or your lawyer could convince them to let you withdraw the petition. A Freedom of Information request might provide useful information.

I would say, just carry on with your CR-1, and watch your mailbox for any notice concerning the K-1.

Thanks,

Randy have you ever heard where they do a revoke without a hearing or a chance to defend? I was thinking about the non revieability act that they could deny with no review or chance for me to appeal.

Thanks,

Randy have you ever heard where they do a revoke without a hearing or a chance to defend? I was thinking about the non revieability act that they could deny with no review or chance for me to appeal.

Ain't gonna happen! You're under due process here, except that they only notify you by mail (no serving of warrants or summons or anything).

This is a separate matter entirely from the visa denial - they do not review the consulate's decision - the information from the consulate is used in determining whether to revoke the original (your) petition.

But yes, it can happen if you miss the notification somehow. That's why I say - watch your mailbox.

I-797C notice of action

Congratulations on the marriage. Hey Randy, I am STILL watching my mailbox. :lol:

Hey Charles, are you watching that mailbox for the NOID letter OR any birds hiding out of fear for their lives? :lol:

Im a little worried because from what I read you have 30 days to appeal it. I don't know if that is 30 days from the letter I just got or if its 30 days from a NOID letter. I don't think the letter I have is a NOID letter.

M.E. has told me we would send in info to appeal that letter along with the new petition however that won't be until I get back from Vietnam on my second trip April 25th. So that is well over 30 days away thats why I'm a little worried.

From my understanding I cannot cancel the old petition because it will put a marker on my file and she will become inadmissable. I don't think they will just expire it after I file for the CR1

The CR1 is better than the K3 however I was told to file for both the CR1 and K3. Does anybody know what would be the reason to do both?