• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

Staring this post to keep track of my I130 status. I now have several months of waiting for USCIS to review the petition.

Hello, welcome and good luck. I see you have a K1 denial posted in your signature from 2008. May I ask the reason for the denial?

Staring this post to keep track of my I130 status. I now have several months of waiting for USCIS to review the petition.

Hello, welcome and good luck. I see you have a K1 denial posted in your signature from 2008. May I ask the reason for the denial?

My K1 was deny because we didn't meet the bona fide relationship. Feel so depressed for a few days after that. I relocated to Beijing and got married. That was another ordeal getting married in China but got it done.

Guest ShaQuaNew

My K1 was deny because we didn't meet the bona fide relationship. Feel so depressed for a few days after that. I relocated to Beijing and got married. That was another ordeal getting married in China but got it done.

Congratulations on your marriage :)

Hang in there. Take lots of pictures. Go crazy with the camera. Keep receipts for everything. It's even a good idea to start a log book. In it, just write a short note about where you are and what you do every day.

Relocated to BeiJing? Cool ! Are you filing I-130 at consulate? or to the lockbox in chicago ?

I mailed it to Chicago and received an i797 telling me they are will process my case.

Cool ! are you back in the USA now? or are you set up in China for the duration? One of our members recently filed an I-130 in February (to the lockbox in chicago), and it was approved in March - less than 30 days. I hope yours (and mine) goes as fast !

Cool ! are you back in the USA now? or are you set up in China for the duration? One of our members recently filed an I-130 in February (to the lockbox in chicago), and it was approved in March - less than 30 days. I hope yours (and mine) goes as fast !

I'm in Beijing for the long haul. Yeah, I hope my goes as fast too at the USCIS.

I'm in Beijing for the long haul. Yeah, I hope my goes as fast too at the USCIS.

have you looked at filing the I-130 directly at the consulate as a 'drect consular filing' applicant ?

if you have a temporary residency permit , will be possible (though there are some time-in-country requirements). You can redo a new I-130, take it to the USCIS office at the US Embassy/Consulate in BeiJing, and start the process there .

a DCF'd I-130 takes about 4 to 6 months, and there's not any long wait between NVC 'out' to GUZ 'open physical case file' step.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

GUZ's last infamous words "not a bonifide relationship" that must be in the confidential code they swear to at that consulate. The other is "thats their gut feeling", they have no guts otherwise they would tell you the real reason.

All of you that are waiting good luck and persue your happiness and love with your significant other, its worth every rmb.

1 more day and i'm gone to Shenzhen.

I don't have a residence visa only have a multiple entry L visa for one year with no restriction on duration of stay. I looked into the residence visa but I have to be a residence for 6 months before filing at Beijing Embassy

jojofta - i gotta tell ya - living in china with yer lass whilst waiting for USCIS , IMO, is the best way to pass the time. Ya, sorry about the first white slip on the first go-round, but for now - wa wa - is nirvana - the waiting won't seem like waiting - you get to wake up next to her each and every morning (except when yer flying in and out to handle the entry stamp).

GoGogadget FrequentFlyerMiles - have you picked a transit point yet? I prefer Singapore, but thats just me - there are REALLY cheap flights from Guangzhou to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, too (and you can live cheap, dirt cheap, in KL for a few days on each jump). Either place - is no visa issues for USC for less than 90 days - just wave at immigration, smile like a tourist, and get the entry stamp.

Whoa - I missed it - no duration limitation at all ? you don't have to flick in/out of China every 30/60/90 days? Well - my other recommendation is to flick in/out of Seoul, Korea, live for 4 days about 90 km from the airport (where it's cheap) - but sounds like if there's no limit on the duration - wa wa - yer set, mon...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)