White slip for K1

My fiancee got the blue slip and we sent in our original documents, such as plane tickets, envelops letters, western union receipts and other things. We got the white slip after we sent all the evidence we have to the consulate. Will the consulate send them back to us, if so when? I have copies of them but I want the originals for applying CR-1. Will the USCIS accept the copies? I heard you can apply for a CR-1 which is the I-130 and than apply for a K-3 visa for insurance, how does that work? Do I need to frontload evidence for both visa applications? Will we get a second interview at the consulate if the first one doesn't work out? Thanks for your reply.

IMO, you won't get your original documents back at all.

If you re-read your prior posts here, you'll find good nuggets about the I-130 and K-3 in the answers to your previous questions.

A good faq for CR-1 / K-3 can be found here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

Good Luck - lots of folk here to help you along.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

If you re-read your prior posts here, you'll find good nuggets about the I-130 and K-3 in the answers to your previous questions.

I believe there is a form that you can fill out and submit for the return of original documents but I am not sure what that form number is.

Anyone here know anything more about this?

Splinterman

I believe there is a form that you can fill out and submit for the return of original documents but I am not sure what that form number is.

Splinterman

g-884...no fee required.

Splinterman

g-884...no fee required.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions

Once the case gets returned to USCIS you MAY be able to get back original documentation by filing G-884.

As for CR-1 / K-3

You file I-130 package, and then later file I-129F to the center handling the I-130 indicated on I-130 NOA1 letter. You attach a copy of I-130 NOA1 letter to the I-129F.

Note lately USCIS has been approving both I-130 and I-129F on same date ans sending both to NVC, if you respond promptly to NVC requests for CR-1 processing, more than likely the CR-1 will catch the K-3, and result in K-3 dropped and interview for CR-1.

Hi,

Please be strong. Apply CR-1 again and front load a lot of evidence for I-130.

It's been much faster lately. Our K-1 also got denied in Sep. 2008 too and we applied CR-1 in Nov. 2008 and we got NOA2 approval in Feb. 2009.

It's in National visa center now and ready to be wrapped up. We'll go back to Guangzhou very soon.

Hang in there.

Guest Pommey

Does affidavits from friends and family members need to be notarized? Can my wife's parent or my parent do the affidavits? Do we need both Chinese and English translation versions of the affidavits? Does anyone has an example? Thank you

sure, why not, from both set of family and friends all notarized and translated.

good luck :sosad: