we had a car accident on Sunday and it's first time for both my wife and me in a hit&run situation. the good thing is we are ok and the guy is caught by police after 20 min. the guy is illegal immigrant from Mexico, no driver's licence, no SSN, no insurance.

and today we got a letter from BCIS saying we didn't include the copy of my wife's K visa. we are sure we did it, otherwise they won't deposit our check 2 month ago. anyway... :( :lol:

good luck to all.

another fine example of illegals contributing more than they take, carl?

I think you better re-read my post. I said "Immigrants make our country better. They contribute far more than they take." I didn't say illegal immigrants but I wouldn't be surprised if they do too. I don't see anyone else jumping up and down yelling pick me! pick me! to work in the fields. But don't just take my word for it Joe. Here is a article from AILA's website.

Five Immigration Myths Explained

Regardless of the reasons for immigrating, myths still abound regarding immigrants once they arrive in the United States. Now's the time to separate some of this fact from fiction.

Myth Number 1: Immigrants take jobs away from Americans.

Myth Number 2: America is being overrun by immigrants.

Myth Number 3: Most immigrants are a drain on the U.S. economy.

Myth Number 4: Immigrants aren't really interested in becoming part of American society.

Myth Number 5: Immigrants contribute little to American society.

Myth Number 1: Immigrants take jobs away from Americans.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Studies have shown that quite the opposite is true: Immigrants create jobs. Specifically various recent studies have shown that:

Immigrants are more likely to be self-employed and start new businesses. Small businesses, 18 percent of which are started by immigrants, account for up to 80 percent of the new jobs available in the United States each year.

Slightly more than 10 percent of the U.S. industrial workforce, or roughly 2.2 million Americans, are employed by foreign companies doing business in the United States. Additionally, the top 105 multinational corporations doing business here have U.S. affiliates that are so large they would qualify for the Fortune 500 list solely on the basis of their stateside operations.

Myth Number 2: America is being overrun by immigrants.

This, unfortunately, is another case where perception is out of sync with reality. To be sure, the number of immigrants living in the United States is larger than ever before, but these numbers are relatively small as a percentage of the population. More importantly, the percentage of immigrants in the total population has decreased. So far, no single decade has topped 1901-1910 for immigration admissions. Further, even though the United States has one of the world's most generous refugee resettlement programs, less than 1.5 percent of the world's refugee population finds its way to the United States.

Perhaps the misperception regarding numbers of immigrants rests in the fact that in the 1980s, three-quarters of all immigrants entering the United States settled in just six states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and Illinois. Also, the vast majority of immigrants settle in urban areas. In 1990, 93 percent of foreign-born Americans lived in metropolitan areas, compared with 73 percent of native-born Americans.

Myth Number 3: Most immigrants are a drain on the U.S. economy.

Once again, nothing could be further from the truth:

Immigrants collectively earn $240 billion a year, pay $90 billion a year in taxes, and receive $5 billion in welfare.

New immigrants must prove that they won't be a burden before they are allowed to enter the United States. Compared to the native-born population, immigrants are more likely to be employed, save more of their earnings, and are more likely to start new businesses.

Immigrants have a slightly higher per capita income than natives and a slightly lower household income. But, their income levels rise over time: Among those entering before 1980, median household income in 1989 was $35,733 (vs. $30,176 for natives) and per capita income was $19,423 (vs. $14,367 for natives).

Non-refugee immigrants of working age are less prone to welfare than natives.

Myth Number 4: Immigrants aren't really interested in becoming part of American society.

All evidence points to the contrary. Immigrants are very interested in being part of our society. In fact, the grandparents and parents of immigrant children have expressed some concern that their youngsters are assimilating too quickly.

Immigrants want to learn and speak English. Reports from throughout the United States indicate that the demand for classes in English as a second language far outstrips supply. After 15 years in America, 75 percent of Spanish-speaking immigrants speak English on a regular basis. The children of immigrants, although bilingual, prefer English to their native tongue at astounding rates.

Immigrants and refugees intermarry outside their group at a rate of 1 in 3. The rate is even higher, 1 out of 2, for their children.

Myth Number 5: Immigrants contribute little to American society.

Baloney. Besides their significant economic contributions, immigrants continually have helped shape and mold the fabric of our society.

Immigrants, for the most part, are firm believers in family unity. They are more likely than natives to live in families: 76 percent vs. 70 percent. They also tend to have more children: 2.25 vs 1.93. Immigrants are more likely to be married: 60 percent vs. 55 percent. Only 8 percent of immigrants are divorced or separated compared to 11 percent of natives.

Immigrants recognize the value of an education. While many lack a high school education, they are just as likely as natives to hold a college degree: 20 percent. That rate rose during the 1980s: Among those admitted in 1987-1990, 29 percent held a college degree. Immigrants are also twice as likely as natives to hold Ph.D.'s.

Immigrants respect the law as much, if not more, than native born Americans. They are less likely than natives to be confined to a state prison. Among the five states with the most immigrants--California, Florida, Illinois, New York, Texas--only New York has a greater share of immigrants in its prisons than in its general population.

So, who are these people we call immigrants? They could be your parents, your grandparents, your teachers, your friends, your doctors, your policemen, your grocer, your waiter, your cook, your babysitter, your gardener, your lawyer, your favorite actor, actress, or sports hero, your mayor, your congressman or senator, your shopkeeper. Immigrants permeate the fabric of America. They are an integral and important part of our society, its goals and its values. They are the backbone that helps make this country great. They are what sets us apart from every nation in this world. In short, they are us.

Carl,

I believe those facts to be true. No one here has issues with immigrants. It's the illegals that causes all the problems.

Fact Number 1: Illegal Immigrants take jobs away from Americans.

Fact Number 2: America is being overrun by illegal immigrants.

Fact Number 3: Most llegal immigrants are a drain on the U.S. economy.

Fact Number 4: Illegal Immigrants aren't really interested in becoming part of American society.

Fact Number 5: Illegal Immigrants contribute little to American society.

the guy is illegal immigrant from Mexico, no driver's licence, no SSN, no insurance.

Tony...send a PM to Dan321 and include your address. He'll pay your bills.

Just to get a word in edgewise:

I'm not anti immigrant. I'm married to what is in my opinion, the finest lady on the planet who intends to become an immigrant. I'm certain you can all say "The woman I'm in love with is second to none" (But I'm the only one who can say it and be correct! :lol:)

The bee in my bonnet is the incomplete enforcement of law on the books. There are people who are here illegally. Perhaps they are a drain, perhaps they are not. Perhaps they are hard working, perhaps they are deadbeats. But they are here illegally. Or undocumented if you prefer.

Deport them post maximum haste or make them legal. Do one or the other, but don't shilly-shally around and avoid changing the law, or fixing the problem. Selective enforcement of laws is the first leap down the path to a society in which the legal code is merely a suggested code of conduct.

If I were dating to a Mexican national who is in the USA illegally, she would be able to open a bank account, get a drivers license & car insurance, and find gainful employment with the assitance of a

Matricula Consular (Mexican ID card). It vexes me greatly to know a different standard applies to my fairer half because she is from across the Pacific, and not the Rio Grande.

Just yesterday I was on the high way and saw a car in the left lane driving at 40 miles per hour, honked and flashed head lights to no avail. When I passed it, it was driven by a kid who could hardly see the road over the dashboard. I did not call the cop cause, he may be just short. Looks like he is from Latin America.

All that aside, I do belive we need to reform our immigration law. I posted one post before and that was taken out for violating the posting policy. However, we need to adopt a policy similar to Canada's. Let in more legal immigrants with high education and skills and keep out unemployable illegals, at least those who commit crimes. As far as farm help is needed, we can use a organized program to legally admit seasonal Mexican workers. This way we can both help ease the labor shortage and better ensure that when there is no work, they can return home for productive use of their time, at the same time ensure that they are not unfairly exploited by some farm employers.

I agree with tonyontherock. I don't have problem with those illegal immigrants, but please don't drive the car on our road. In Alabama, it's illegal to drive the car without the insurance, but since they are illegal already... :angry:

I heard Atlanta are started to act on this and i guess that's why they are moving into AL now.