I-485 RFE for I-693

hello to all. i just received an rfe stating that the i-693 was not completed. my so arrived on a k1 and had her medical in china july 2008. we had dr. arnold to fill out pages 1,3 and 5 of the i-693 transferring the vaccination info as per the 693 instructions and put in the sealed envelope. my question is: do i have any options other than to have a new medical exam so that the 693 can be completely filled out? i phoned the uscis and was told that i could write a letter explaining the problem and fax it to them. has anyone else tried this and what was the result? i'm just trying to see if i can solve this without a new exam. i have to act quickly as they only gave me 30 days to answer the rfe. any help is appreciated.

ya - there's another option.

if you have, in hand, the yellow book, or record of immunizations, there's a DR in austin that can transcribe that info into the I-693 form.

Did you fill out an I-693 ?

Did you make a copy of the I-693 ? what's it look like ? what's on it ?

warmest regards..

ya - there's another option.

if you have, in hand, the yellow book, or record of immunizations, there's a DR in austin that can transcribe that info into the I-693 form.

Did you fill out an I-693 ?

Did you make a copy of the I-693 ? what's it look like ? what's on it ?

warmest regards..

as stated in my post, i did have dr. arnold from austin texas to fill out the 693. he filled out the vaccination portion from our yellow book.

the issue at hand is that the uscis adjucator is asking for a 693 completely filled out which would require a new exam and also is in contradiction to the 693 directions.

If they don't have it in their grubby little hands within 30 days, they might continue the mistake and deny your application. They might notive they're mistake and clear up the RFE.

We have seen people spend a year and a chunk of money straightening out a mistake made by the USCIS.

- or you could give them what they're asking for

If they don't have it in their grubby little hands within 30 days, they might continue the mistake and deny your application. They might notive they're mistake and clear up the RFE.

We have seen people spend a year and a chunk of money straightening out a mistake made by the USCIS.

- or you could give them what they're asking for

your right randy. if i cant clear this up quickly i'll be forced to get another exam. this sucks!

is possible dr. arnold has a copy of your i-693 ? if so, he can fill out another one for you, send it to you again (prolly an additional fee, but i think this would be the fastest solution).

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

is possible dr. arnold has a copy of your i-693 ? if so, he can fill out another one for you, send it to you again (prolly an additional fee, but i think this would be the fastest solution).

dr. arnold only filled out the vaccination section and the rfe requests that the 693 be completely filled out. uscis must have lost the exam papers from guz.

dr. arnold only filled out the vaccination section and the rfe requests that the 693 be completely filled out. uscis must have lost the exam papers from guz.

GuangZhou did not lose my son's medicial exam... Someone at USCIS in CSC decided to send me all his sealed paper work about 2 months after they are here in the USA. We made a infopass apointment and told the CSO that all this came in the mail and she was actually mad at me. She kept saying I must have took the paper work from the POE and now I am returning it. It was his WHOLE sealed package, and it was still sealed when I returned it to Dallas office.

I have done a full 693 for both my wife and son, but no telling what RFE I get when Chicago trys to find my son paper work from GZ.

LGR<

Edited by LGR_WEI (see edit history)

Hey Dale,

You did it correctly! We just filed all our forms for AOS last week and the instructions for the I-693 specifically state that a K-1, K-2 visa holder who has had a medical exam for obtaining that visa within the last year does not need a new medical exam to adjust status. It says you only need to fill out section 1 and have the civil surgeon fill out section 2 & 5 which is exactly what we did. ;)

My understanding is that the medical form for the medical exam that a K-1, K-2 visa recipient receives in GUZ is inside the sealed brown envelope that you gave the customs officer at POE. This envelope is then forwarded to the USCIS where it is united with your I-485 package for processing. I'm not 100% certain about that so maybe someone who knows for sure can confirm this. :huh: :unsure:

Sounds to me like someone along the line may have misplaced your original medical exam forms that were done in GUZ ... hence the request for a new I-693 :rolleyes:

Hope you get it sorted out easily ;)

Bob

Hey Dale,

You did it correctly! We just filed all our forms for AOS last week and the instructions for the I-693 specifically state that a K-1, K-2 visa holder who has had a medical exam for obtaining that visa within the last year does not need a new medical exam to adjust status. It says you only need to fill out section 1 and have the civil surgeon fill out section 2 & 5 which is exactly what we did. ;)

My understanding is that the medical form for the medical exam that a K-1, K-2 visa recipient receives in GUZ is inside the sealed brown envelope that you gave the customs officer at POE. This envelope is then forwarded to the USCIS where it is united with your I-485 package for processing. I'm not 100% certain about that so maybe someone who knows for sure can confirm this. :huh: :unsure:

Sounds to me like someone along the line may have misplaced your original medical exam forms that were done in GUZ ... hence the request for a new I-693 :rolleyes:

Bob

Yes - although what happens most often is that they either overlook it when thumbing through your file, or just flat don't expect it (and so don't take a close look) in the middle of the stuff from the consulate. I'll bet most visa-types that they deal with have their medical done over here

But, bottom line is that it's really easy to ask them to take another look, but if they still don't find it, you may just want to go ahead and get another one.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hey Dale,

My understanding is that the medical form for the medical exam that a K-1, K-2 visa recipient receives in GUZ is inside the sealed brown envelope that you gave the customs officer at POE. This envelope is then forwarded to the USCIS where it is united with your I-485 package for processing. I'm not 100% certain about that so maybe someone who knows for sure can confirm this. ;) :unsure:

Bob

Yes - although what happens most often is that they either overlook it when thumbing through your file, or just flat don't expect it (and so don't take a close look) in the middle of the stuff from the consulate. I'll bet most visa-types that they deal with have their medical done over here

But, bottom line is that it's really easy to ask them to take another look, but if they still don't find it, you may just want to go ahead and get another one.

Hi Randy,

I figured you'd have some input here ;)

What about using a copy of the Red Health Certificate and Yellow Vaccination Certificate received at GUZ during the medical exam as proof? Haiqing recieved both and I made copies of them just in case we'd need them later ... Dale's situation sounds like one of those "just in case" times :huh: ... maybe a faxed copy or pdf file emailed to the USCIS will help ;)

Good luck Dale!

Bob

the other thing that irritates me about this is that i attempted to prevent this from happening by getting a copy of the medical exam while in guz and send it with the 693, but the clinic refused to give me a copy saying that guz does not allow this. grrrrr! does anyone know where the i-129f packet with medical goes after it is turned in to the point of entry? i'm guessing mine was sent to my local service center in atlanta, therefore the adjudicator doesnt have the medical forms to review since my case is in california.

Hi Randy,

I figured you'd have some input here :unsure:

What about using a copy of the Red Health Certificate and Yellow Vaccination Certificate received at GUZ during the medical exam as proof? Haiqing recieved both and I made copies of them just in case we'd need them later ... Dale's situation sounds like one of those "just in case" times :rolleyes: ... maybe a faxed copy or pdf file emailed to the USCIS will help :huh:

Good luck Dale!

Bob

My guess is that they won't want proof, but the actual medical exam itself. The 'proof' in the form of the certificate or the copy may jar them into looking a little harder, but by and large they're going to need the real thing. (Although, of course, they could accept the copy as the real thing - but may need the sealed envelope)

Any appeals or legal action would simply extend it beyond the validity of the report anyway.

If it's at all discretionary on the part of the IO, it may work, but I wouldn't go beyond the 30 days.

But Dale, if your case is in California, the Atlanta office shouldn't be sending you RFE's.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hi Randy,

I figured you'd have some input here :unsure:

What about using a copy of the Red Health Certificate and Yellow Vaccination Certificate received at GUZ during the medical exam as proof? Haiqing recieved both and I made copies of them just in case we'd need them later ... Dale's situation sounds like one of those "just in case" times :rolleyes: ... maybe a faxed copy or pdf file emailed to the USCIS will help :huh:

Good luck Dale!

Bob

My guess is that they won't want proof, but the actual medical exam itself. The 'proof' in the form of the certificate or the copy may jar them into looking a little harder, but by and large they're going to need the real thing. (Although, of course, they could accept the copy as the real thing - but may need the sealed envelope)

Any appeals or legal action would simply extend it beyond the validity of the report anyway.

If it's at all discretionary on the part of the IO, it may work, but I wouldn't go beyond the 30 days.

But Dale, if your case is in California, the Atlanta office shouldn't be sending you RFE's.

randy, the rfe is from calif. i'm only guessing that the poe may have sent my i-129f to my local office in atlanta, therefore the adjudicating officer in calif. doesnt have access to it.