Hi,

I received my NOA2 on Feb 20, 2009. And I got my GUZ case # as of the first week of March, 2009.

Now, I am doing the following to prepare for my fiancee's interview at the GUZ consulate.

1) downloaded and filled out all of the P3/P4 paperwork from the GUZ website (scanned and emailed to my SO already)

2) got 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 W2's

3) got 2005, 2006, 2007 tax transcripts; still preparing 2008 tax return

4) will fill out I-134 paperwork in May, 2009 (is that a good time)

5) wrote letter of intent of marriage; will get notarized in May, 2009

6) pondering on letter of evolution of relationship

7) proof of address

- paid electric utility bills

- copy of driver's license

8) will get bank verification statement

9) will get letter of employment verification in May, 2009 from HR

10) collect paystubs

Is there anything I missed? What else should I do?

Thank you.

sounds like a complete list, (where are pictures, record of trips, phone records and chat logs, for kitchen sink to be brought to interview? ) but don't forget about the vaccinations and the 'international yellow book' for the shot record (this is filled out for an extra charge, usually 10 to 20 rmb ). Also, she'll need some other shots once she lands in the usa - so take a look at those, and see which ones can be done in china, with the record transferred to the 'international yellow book'. Shots are cheaper in China , usually, unless you go to a free clinic in usa and pay a nominal fee.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)
Guest Dylan W

You will be with your fiance for the interview? I assume you are going to ACS and ACH... how much earlier are you arriving?

I would say get some new photos to organize with your old ones and makes an updated book... and make it able to pass through that tiny slot at the Consulate.

You can start getting your I-134 finished now, and you might even be able to get your tax transcripts in time for your interview, for 2008. Your list now though is very inclusive of a complete kitchen sink, in regards to most things.

Get those photos and communication records though as well... that will take some time. :ph34r:

Thank you for all the replies.

I will be going to the ACS and ACH. I am going to take your advice; before the interview, I will take some pictures with my fiancee to update the book.

AS for the vaccinations, I have to think about it. I have health insurance coverage; it might be as cheap as my $20 copay. But, if the doctor makes my fiancee go there several times, then the cost in the US significantly goes up and may be more expensive than GUZ.

Jimmy

Edited by waterox (see edit history)