I noticed in a previous topic someone noted that since all the police in China are connected together that maybe only one police report was necessary. My SO always lived in China (Changchun and Beijing). If this is true it would save her from having to go back to Changchun to get police report.

I thought the hardfast rule was 'get the police report from the city in which her current hukuo is valid'.

But if she's in BeiJing now, it may be worth a try - all they can say is either 'no - go to your city ' or 'here ya go'.

The 'connection' works the other way, imo - the 'local' PSB, in the city where her hukuo is registered, will be able to do a 'nationwide pull/inquiry' on her.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I noticed in a previous topic someone noted that since all the police in China are connected together that maybe only one police report was necessary. My SO always lived in China (Changchun and Beijing). If this is true it would save her from having to go back to Changchun to get police report.

NO, you have to go where the Wife's Hokou is located. You only need ONE police report, but it has to be from the Hokou site.

BTW she doesn't have to go back to ChangChun. Probably, most likely, she is part of someone's else's family registration. She can call them on the phone and tell them what she needs. They EMS it to her and it can all be accomplished within a week. It's done all the time.

Only need one police report, from the PSB located in city having jurisdiction over place of residence. This one report covers all of China.

Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html