Economy Crisis

Guest Tony n Terrific

Until 1890s China was the worlds leading and largest economy. The US passed China by and has enjoyed the lead ever since.

After the Cold War ended the world started to change to a global economy. Wether the US or China likes it we must cooperate together.

Until 1890s China was the worlds leading and largest economy. The US passed China by and has enjoyed the lead ever since.

After the Cold War ended the world started to change to a global economy. Wether the US or China likes it we must cooperate together.

We really have been heading for a global economy since World War 2 was over with. The plans that were put in place then was to set us on this path. The problem is I think, the people that took the reins after this just didn't understand the plan totally. So they have mucked it up in many different ways. Then as China and Russia have started in to join the world as part of this economy the experts just didn't know what to do.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Most of you have probably heard that China is dumping billions into building their infrastructure. I saw evidence of this first hand a couple weeks ago on a trip to Shanghai. While looking out the train window, I was memorized by thousands, tens of thousands, and probably well over one hundred thousand workers building a new railway line between Nanjing and Shanghai. On my previous trip a few weeks earlier, there was nothing going on. This time, mile after mile, and row after row of buildings and homes had been demolished.

Bridge supports were being built. Roads, trenches, wiring, and track were being laid. It's clear that China created over 100,000 jobs just in the few hundred miles of this area. I've never before seen a project of such scale and running virtually 7-days a week.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Most of you have probably heard that China is dumping billions into building their infrastructure. I saw evidence of this first hand a couple weeks ago on a trip to Shanghai. While looking out the train window, I was memorized by thousands, tens of thousands, and probably well over one hundred thousand workers building a new railway line between Nanjing and Shanghai. On my previous trip a few weeks earlier, there was nothing going on. This time, mile after mile, and row after row of buildings and homes had been demolished.

Bridge supports were being built. Roads, trenches, wiring, and track were being laid. It's clear that China created over 100,000 jobs just in the few hundred miles of this area. I've never before seen a project of such scale and running virtually 7-days a week.

China is trying to keep it population busy by building the infrastructure and much needed public works projects that all can benefit by. Here in the US we have carefully planned rhetoric and are wasting over $3/4 of a trillion dollars. We are seeing the incompentance in this bailout blunder right now. The appointee that is in charge of this massive amount of tax payer debt does not bother to pay his taxes. His qualifications for this most important cabinet post: A person who knows how to cheat the system must know how to run the system. And everyone says China is the most corrupt nation on Earth.

Guest ShaQuaNew

China is trying to keep it population busy by building the infrastructure and much needed public works projects that all can benefit by. Here in the US we have carefully planned rhetoric and are wasting over $3/4 of a trillion dollars. We are seeing the incompentance in this bailout blunder right now. The appointee that is in charge of this massive amount of tax payer debt does not bother to pay his taxes. His qualifications for this most important cabinet post: A person who knows how to cheat the system must know how to run the system. And everyone says China is the most corrupt nation on Earth.

Yeah, it's pretty sad reading the news out of the US these days. All this talk about stimulus packages, and hundreds of billions of dollars being given to a failed auto industry is enough to make anyone ill. Whatever happened to common sense?

I feel quite blessed to be living in China right now, as you don't hear the negativity from these people like you are hearing from the American people. This past weekend, I went out with several of my co-workers. One of the Chinese project managers asked me about the US economy, and I simply replied that I was glad to be living and working in China right now.

:D

Right on! :signthankspin:

Yeah, it's pretty sad reading the news out of the US these days. All this talk about stimulus packages, and hundreds of billions of dollars being given to a failed auto industry is enough to make anyone ill. Whatever happened to common sense?

I feel quite blessed to be living in China right now, as you don't hear the negativity from these people like you are hearing from the American people. This past weekend, I went out with several of my co-workers. One of the Chinese project managers asked me about the US economy, and I simply replied that I was glad to be living and working in China right now.

:signthankspin:

Jesse, You are a lucky man! :happy2:

This is part I don't like. Were these people well compensated for their lost home? Were they living in government housing and have now moved to other government housing? Are they now living so far away from their work that it is impossible to get to work?

The Chinese government is very big on improving the infrastruture. The only thing that bothers me is that they have no problem running 100,000 people flat if it will benefit 1,000,000 people. As they say, must learn to eat bitterness and overcome all difficulties! If this was an American saying, it would go something like this...stop your whining! I'll screw you anytime I want and you will like it or else!

But then again...I bet they don't even have a porkbarrel to store wasted money in!

So, to amend and compromise...I'm going to screw you, but I'll do it more economically than the next guy!

Seriously, all the projects that I read about going on or about to go on in China to put their people to work is a good thing. I wish we had more of that mentality here. I'm not sure that I want the U.S. and China getting closer. The more of the U.S. that rubs off on China, I see as a bad thing. The more cozy American business gets with China, I see as a bad thing. American companies already exploit the hell out of the Chinese labor force and now that times are bad, some of them are emptying their bank accounts and haulin ass and leaving the Chinese counterpart owner high and dry and the entire workforce stranded.

My parent company is one of them that pulled this crap. And they were voted one of the top 10 most diverse and humanitarian/compassionate corporations in America. I can't wait to quit and get away from them! :angry:

Their internal press release to the troops went something like this:

Due to the inflexible position of the Chinese government in these trying times,we have been forced to abandon our operations in China. We will move production back to a third-party supplier in Viet Nam and build anew in SriLanka beginning in 2011.

There isn't anyone this forum that doesn't have this companies products in their home. I won't mention their name due to the corporate policy of immediate termination for publically speaking out against the company. I need my job for another year.

Guest ShaQuaNew

This is part I don't like. Were these people well compensated for their lost home? Were they living in government housing and have now moved to other government housing? Are they now living so far away from their work that it is impossible to get to work?

The Chinese government is very big on improving the infrastruture. The only thing that bothers me is that they have no problem running 100,000 people flat if it will benefit 1,000,000 people. As they say, must learn to eat bitterness and overcome all difficulties! If this was an American saying, it would go something like this...stop your whining! I'll screw you anytime I want and you will like it or else!

But then again...I bet they don't even have a porkbarrel to store wasted money in!

So, to amend and compromise...I'm going to screw you, but I'll do it more economically than the next guy!

Seriously, all the projects that I read about going on or about to go on in China to put their people to work is a good thing. I wish we had more of that mentality here. I'm not sure that I want the U.S. and China getting closer. The more of the U.S. that rubs off on China, I see as a bad thing. The more cozy American business gets with China, I see as a bad thing. American companies already exploit the hell out of the Chinese labor force and now that times are bad, some of them are emptying their bank accounts and haulin ass and leaving the Chinese counterpart owner high and dry and the entire workforce stranded.

My parent company is one of them that pulled this crap. And they were voted one of the top 10 most diverse and humanitarian/compassionate corporations in America. I can't wait to quit and get away from them! :angry:

Their internal press release to the troops went something like this:

Due to the inflexible position of the Chinese government in these trying times,we have been forced to abandon our operations in China. We will move production back to a third-party supplier in Viet Nam and build anew in SriLanka beginning in 2011.

There isn't anyone this forum that doesn't have this companies products in their home. I won't mention their name due to the corporate policy of immediate termination for publically speaking out against the company. I need my job for another year.

It's a trade-off I guess. In the US, it's become so difficult to start new projects, roads, and infrastructure, because you just can't get people to move. They don't want to move, so the project cannot be done; even if it's for the good of many rather than the few.

Surely you must have laws that prevent just kicking people out of their homes. It's my understanding, that China does in fact buy each and every property from the owner at the market price. Of course, the hardship is having to find a new home or business. Who can know whether it turns out better or worse for those that must move? You just can't legislate a program that keeps a few people happy without compromising the benefit to the many.

The US has rather painted itself into a corner because of the many restrictions that will not allow improving infrastructure. Public transportation is an ideal alternative to using too much oil. US urban sprawl however is preventing public transportation from becoming a viable alternative.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)