American citizen

I visited China 2 times. November 2008, I married a beautiful Chinese woman. She recently retired and we would like to live together in Beijing. When I researched the web sites for information about how to submit applications to retire in China, I found only forms for foreigners who are employed in China. I have a multi-entry visa, good through October 2009. My wife will inquire with authorities at the Chinese Embassy. However, I thought maybe I could learn something from members of ACL. Does anyone know where I begin?

Jimmo

She is still PRC person ? Not a USC ?

If still a PRC person -

then you go to China with her (with your visitors visa) -

go to the city where her hukuo is registered -

get into the PSB office -

and apply for a temporary residence permit.

Bring yer wife, both passports, her china ID card, and the marriage book.

Should you really want to be legal in BeiJing - you'll need to have the residency permit transferred at the PSB in BeiJing - but it starts with the city in which she has hukuo.

This doesn't get you any 'retirement' visa - but you do get up to a 2 year 'temporary residence permit' - and you can renew this in China.

I know of no 'retirement visa' in China - doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I don't know of it.

Would you like , instead, to retire to a warm place , not in China, where Mandarin and english are spoken?

Look into retiring in Malaysia, Penang Island

Good Luck !

PS - when you speak to another ACL member, tell em I hate the last two rounds of lobbying done on Senator Feinstein.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

She is still PRC person ? Not a USC ?

If still a PRC person -

then you go to China with her (with your visitors visa) -

go to the city where her hukuo is registered -

get into the PSB office -

and apply for a temporary residence permit.

Bring yer wife, both passports, her china ID card, and the marriage book.

Should you really want to be legal in BeiJing - you'll need to have the residency permit transferred at the PSB in BeiJing - but it starts with the city in which she has hukuo.

This doesn't get you any 'retirement' visa - but you do get up to a 2 year 'temporary residence permit' - and you can renew this in China.

I know of no 'retirement visa' in China - doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I don't know of it.

Would you like , instead, to retire to a warm place , not in China, where Mandarin and english are spoken?

Look into retiring in Malaysia, Penang Island

Good Luck !

PS - when you speak to another ACL member, tell em I hate the last two rounds of lobbying done on Senator Feinstein.