Travel Agents

Are there any better prices useing Air China lately, I went to fly china and they are promoteing Contintal, the only problem is the connecting flight in the a.m. to late to catch flight at JFK or newarkfrom S.W. Fla. I went to Air China web sight but didn't find a competitive price with Contintal any mone else find this? Air China leaves in the afternoon not morning

uh, where are you, and where do you want to go?

AA and United jump from Chicago to Shanghai.

Continental has jump from new york to beijing.

if getting an early flight is troublesome, ask usaRichard wot he did - he's in florida as well - he seemed happy with his routings on his last trip.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Kaige - it's funny/strange/weird/normal - but -

most asian run (chinese/taiwanese/korean/vietnamese) travel companies in usa have cheaper tickets than the popular web portals (orbitz, airgorilla, cheapoair, cheaptickets). Some of the members here at CFL have given out contact info for these agents in prior posts - try a search here on '+travel +agents'. Usually you'll fax over your cc info, they express the tickets to you , overnight.

Try the guys listed in this post - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry429461

There's about 4 agents listed, give em a call, get a quote.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

From what you post, I figure you live close to New York. If that is the case, you can use some of the Chinese Travel Agencies. Never try booking tickets online, because they are very expensive, unless you try priceline.com. But even that, it cant guarantee your the best price.

This is the agency's phone number:

212_240_0401.

I bought the airline tickets from them last year about the price of $ 860 round trip.

They speak English, Chinese and Cantonese. If you communicate with them in Chinese, you have a better chance of getting a better price.

most asian run (chinese/taiwanese/korean/vietnamese) travel companies in usa have cheaper tickets than the popular web portals (orbitz, airgorilla, cheapoair, cheaptickets). Some of the members here at CFL have given out contact info for these agents in prior posts - try a search here on '+travel +agents'. Usually you'll fax over your cc info, they express the tickets to you , overnight.

Try the guys listed in this post - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry429461

Ah, something I can explain due to research I have done lately. The way these travel companies get their cheap prices is they regularly buy a block of tickets on select flights when they first become available. They receive a very good price on these, and pass those savings partly on to their customers. Currently, Vayama is being very competitive on flights to Asia (I can get a round trip from where I live to Hong Kong for $680 if I book late April). It truly pays to shop around. I happen to work for a college, and the travel agency our international programs office uses is able to get academic fares from some airlines they are very inexpensive and cannot be found anywhere else.

The important thing is to see if there are any affiliations you have that might qualify you for a discount. Senior, veteran, educational institution, religious, there are many options. And of course, if you become a regular customer of one of the local agencies, you may find your deals start getting better (regular customers get special treatment).

Just my two yuan, I could have been misinformed.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Ah, something I can explain due to research I have done lately. The way these travel companies get their cheap prices is they regularly buy a block of tickets on select flights when they first become available. They receive a very good price on these, and pass those savings partly on to their customers. Currently, Vayama is being very competitive on flights to Asia (I can get a round trip from where I live to Hong Kong for $680 if I book late April). It truly pays to shop around. I happen to work for a college, and the travel agency our international programs office uses is able to get academic fares from some airlines they are very inexpensive and cannot be found anywhere else.

The important thing is to see if there are any affiliations you have that might qualify you for a discount. Senior, veteran, educational institution, religious, there are many options. And of course, if you become a regular customer of one of the local agencies, you may find your deals start getting better (regular customers get special treatment).

Just my two yuan, I could have been misinformed.

Here's an excellent link about booking travel and using travel agents:

http://clarkhoward.com/liveweb/shownotes/category/10/425/

The lowest fares are often only offered on a select number of seats. If you see a fare that seems too good to be true, we suggest calling an travel agent immediately. Travel agents have access to a professional database called Worldspan (which is where we find our deals), but often the limited number of sale seats sell out before they're published on the online booking sites -- or even the airline's own website. (In fact, calling the airline can sometimes be the least effective way to get the deal! It's not in their interest to make these specials easy to find, and they're often not even visible to the airline agents.)
Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Here's a Chinese travel agent that Rogerinca recommended and now I am too:

Travel Depot

223 E Garvey Ave # 138

Monterey Park, CA 91755

(626) 280-2198

Really good deals and great customer service too. If your flight reschedules they are very prompt in emailing your new itinerary.

Good luck!