Are you looking for a ''Chinese friendly place to move?

It's not Beijing or Shanghai, but my future wife was pretty happy with the market selection on her visit here to Tampa, Florida. Nearby St. Petersburg, Florida (20 miles/30km) and a trip to Orlando, Florida (80 miles/100km) have more Asian markets and places to shop. The nearby beaches, the sunny, warm climate (72 F or 22 C) and plenty of things to do (Disney World and 10 other theme parks are within 70 minutes drive), Kennedy Space Center, Art Museums) make this area a great place to live. The many parks, lakes, ponds, walking and bicycle trails, fresh air and local sea food, vegetables, strawberries oranges and other citrus fruit make this a truly wonderful place to live. :)

Here are the top 3 markets in Tampa, Florida.

-------------------------------------------

Oceanic Oriental Supermarket

1609 N. Tampa Street

Tampa, FL 33602

Phone #: (813) 254-2041

M D Oriental Market

1106 E Fowler Avenue,

Tampa, FL 33612

(813) 868-1688

Din Ho Market

8502 N Armenia Ave # 4

Tampa, FL 33604

(813) 933-7230

1609 N. Tampa Street

Tampa, FL 33602

M D Oriental Market

1106 E Fowler Avenue,

Tampa, FL 33612

(813) 868-1688

Din Ho Market

8502 N Armenia Ave # 4

Tampa, FL 33604

(813) 933-7230

For those interested...

http://www.oceanicmarket.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/md-oriental-market-tampa

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3712975930

It's not Beijing or Shanghai, but my future wife was pretty happy with the market selection on her visit here to Tampa, Florida. Nearby St. Petersburg, Florida (20 miles/30km) and a trip to Orlando, Florida (80 miles/100km) have more Asian markets and places to shop. The nearby beaches, the sunny, warm climate (72 F or 22 C) and plenty of things to do (Disney World and 10 other theme parks are within 70 minutes drive), Kennedy Space Center, Art Museums) make this area a great place to live. The many parks, lakes, ponds, walking and bicycle trails, fresh air and local sea food, vegetables, strawberries oranges and other citrus fruit make this a truly wonderful place to live. :)

1609 N. Tampa Street

Tampa, FL 33602

M D Oriental Market

1106 E Fowler Avenue,

Tampa, FL 33612

(813) 868-1688

Din Ho Market

8502 N Armenia Ave # 4

Tampa, FL 33604

(813) 933-7230

This is nice to know,for when my wife gets here.I live right over the bridge(gandy)in St pete.I love it here.I lived in Los Angeles,and New York,but here St pete is home,you cant beat the climate,i mean the temps today(sunday) is 80 degrees.

Jimi

Sounds great but to find a job and afford to live there is more dream than reality :blink:

Yeah, most companies like to pay you in sunshine. :lol: Lived in Tampa for seven years. Very nice city. Great area if you like beaches and pirates. :blink: But eventually the lack of good salary and four actual seasons lured me back to the Heartland.

1609 N. Tampa Street

Tampa, FL 33602

M D Oriental Market

1106 E Fowler Avenue,

Tampa, FL 33612

(813) 868-1688

Din Ho Market

8502 N Armenia Ave # 4

Tampa, FL 33604

(813) 933-7230

Newark dosen't have fresh air? :blink: Too many fruits in Florida. :lol:

Edited by Li & John (see edit history)

I've lived in South Florida, briefly in Tampa and now am in Orlando... IMO, it's more about your connections on some level. Example: If you have a friend who can get you into disney for free, she will enjoy it even more :D

I'm not sure she wants to be out in the sun too much... but a clear sky is worth it. but it all depends on her personality. Some want to work badly ;some may not feel the internal pressure as much. Most important is to really know what makes her tick...

Xiaoyuan liked Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota/Venice during our Christmas time visit. She could probably deal with the crush of people; I cannot. I find that really interesting, because the population in China does not compress me the way population in the US does. ...don't know why.

Xiaoyuan liked Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota/Venice during our Christmas time visit. She could probably deal with the crush of people; I cannot. I find that really interesting, because the population in China does not compress me the way population in the US does. ...don't know why.

There is a rural side of Florida that perhaps you didn't see. Drive an hour from downtown Tampa and you are out in the countryside. Our home is 30 minutes out and in a very park like area yet it is only 5 minutes from major highways. Diving another 30 minutes and you can be in very small town and rural Florida life.

Most visitors only see Disney, Kennedy Space Station and the beaches but Florida has a lot to offer in terms of small town and rural life. I do wish the mountains were closer (need to drive to North Georgia) and I wish it was less humid like San Diego.

San Diego is probably THE BEST place I have been in terms of climate, but jobs are scarce and the taxes, cost of living and crime levels are so high, our standard of living would be much lower there, than in Florida.

There is a rural side of Florida that perhaps you didn't see. Drive an hour from downtown Tampa and you are out in the countryside. Our home is 30 minutes out and in a very park like area yet it is only 5 minutes from major highways. Diving another 30 minutes and you can be in very small town and rural Florida life.

Most visitors only see Disney, Kennedy Space Station and the beaches but Florida has a lot to offer in terms of small town and rural life. I do wish the mountains were closer (need to drive to North Georgia) and I wish it was less humid like San Diego.

San Diego is probably THE BEST place I have been in terms of climate, but jobs are scarce and the taxes, cost of living and crime levels are so high, our standard of living would be much lower there, than in Florida.

And you don't even need to drive an hour. :lol: Tampa itself, at least when I lived there, wasn't all that crowded. They rolled up the sidewalks downtown at about 7pm back then. If you wanted a crowd in Tampa you had to go to Ybor City on a weekend or Mons Venus any night. :lol:

St. Pete and the beaches? Now that's a different story. :angry: Depending on the time of year, the tourists, the snowbirds and the retirees could make driving more hazardous than the worst Shanghai streets. :D

And you don't even need to drive an hour. :lol: Tampa itself, at least when I lived there, wasn't all that crowded. They rolled up the sidewalks downtown at about 7pm back then. If you wanted a crowd in Tampa you had to go to Ybor City on a weekend or Mons Venus any night. :lol:

St. Pete and the beaches? Now that's a different story. :angry: Depending on the time of year, the tourists, the snowbirds and the retirees could make driving more hazardous than the worst Shanghai streets. :D

Dunedin is a nice little place, just a couple minutes north of me. It was voted by Money magazine as a "Top Place to Retire" and nearby Caladesi Island continues to win as America's #1 beach (2008)