biometrics before green card ?????

just received a letter from the texas service center ." a review of your packet indicates your biometrics are missing or incomplete. we can not complete the processing of your immigrant visa packet without the biometric data ". have talked to uscis . but they were not much help . have already made appointment on infopass . anyone else have this problem . we just went to wichita yesterday to fill out paperwork for her s.s.# card . everything going great . had a article in our local paper about us [ i mentioned how candle was a great help ] valentines week . hope the best for everyone

Ya - somethings fishy - you should have gotten something in the postal mail about a biometrics appointment.

IIWY , I'd call USCIS and tell them about the f*up - Tell them to set up a biometric interview appointment.

Of course, you can get this set up at the InfoPass Appointment (which is better, actually)... But don't expect to be fingerprinted during InfoPass.

Sorry for your plight - your paperwork got lost in the reshuffled data bits on the USCIS computer.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

lao po was fingerprinted , and her medical info. was checked in guz. .she had her med. exam in guz. 2 days before her interview. talked to someone at uscis this past monday 3-2-2009. asked about her card and no mention about any problem . just that they had not made her card yet . waiting on her 2 year green card

Edited by lilblimp (see edit history)

You need to look more closely at the letter. Are they asking you for anything? or what?

It is for your CR-1, or is it??

Of course, follow through with the InfoPass appt

no not asking for anything in letter. just saying that biometrics are missing or incomplete. would it be her x-rays ? yes cr-1

Edited by lilblimp (see edit history)

You need to look more closely at the letter. Are they asking you for anything? or what?

It is for your CR-1, or is it??

Of course, follow through with the InfoPass appt

no not asking for anything in letter. just saying that biometrics are missing or incomplete. would it be her x-rays ?

No - perhaps something is missing from her packet, or the fingerprints didn't take. They should notify you if anything is needed, but go to the InfoPass appt

the x-rays are inconsequential unless something else indicates she may have TB

i have to assume this was a k-3 visa, cause you have no nvc data bits in yer timeline (ds-3032, I-864, etc etc) prior to GUZ interview.

So - you filed the I-485 for AOS, and you got this back.

Somethings wrong, you should have gotten a letter for biometrics appointment. Biometrics = FINGERPRINTING.

Usually, a k-1 and k-3 are fingerprinted twice - ONCE in GUZ, ONCE in USA (after the I-485 is filed).

So, if I've missed some data bit here, please, enlighten me.

THANKS !

EDIT - OK - I've read through all of your posts -

In serveral of them, clearly it was a CR-1 visa granted at GUZ, and NOT the K-3.

Somehow, USCIS/DOS/GUZ has lost her biometric data, or the numbers got crossed up somehow.

Suggest you get this all sorted out at that InfoPass appointment. Worst case Scenario - they'll get her fingerprints one more time from a Biometrics Appointment, then wait a bit more for the GreenCard Processing.

Best Case Scenario - her electronic fingerprints taken at GUZ somehow got lost in the image database, they can find them if they look - but you'll need to suggest to them that they actually LOOK in their computers.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

thanks for your help . we are planning on taking our kitchen sink with us . will let you know what this was all about after our appointment monday . also to get off topic how do you post photos in new posts . would like to post the newspaper article our little town had about us .

thanks for your help . we are planning on taking our kitchen sink with us . will let you know what this was all about after our appointment monday . also to get off topic how do you post photos in new posts . would like to post the newspaper article our little town had about us .

That would be nice.

Go to http://tinypic.com and follow their directions for uploading. Click on browse, navigate to the file on your own hard drive, click Upload. After a few seconds, the picture will appear on the screen and they will give you several posting tags. One if them is the IMG tag. It looks like this:

[IMG=http://www3.tinypic.com//ab4357e.jpg]

Copy that tag and paste it into your post here.