Important Update on Clearance Delay in GUZ

Message to lvlp, CooCookie, Brian, Truger24 and everyone with delayed packages sent from NVC to GUZ in Oct, 08:

Most of the packages sent in Oct, 2008 from NVC to GUZ should be cleared custom yesterday China time. Our cases were sent in Oct 22, 08 are cleared the custom and we confirmed with DOS this morning. Please call DOS and check on your particular cases.

Jlock

<_<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Message to lvlp, CooCookie, Brian, Truger24 and everyone with delayed packages sent from NVC to GUZ in Oct, 08:

Most of the packages sent in Oct, 2008 from NVC to GUZ should be cleared custom yesterday China time. Our cases were sent in Oct 22, 08 are cleared the custom and we confirmed with DOS this morning. Please call DOS and check on your particular cases.

Jlock

;)

Thanks for the info, I call tonight. Lets hope we all get a interview soon.

Brian,

I thought yours was sent on Oct 22, 08. I believe all packages sent on that day were cleared the custom. There is another forum (in Chinese) giving the updates on the customer clearance status. Somehow those smart girls have connection to find out which dates are cleared the custom and they are always accurate. I also checked DHL website which also showed all the packages sent on 10/22 got delivered.

Good luck,

Jlock

Edited by Lock (see edit history)

Brian,

It's unbelievable! I called DOS again this morning and was told our packages were NOT received by GUZ. What??????? Yesterday morning we were told by DOS that physical files were received by GUZ. Why did they tell us the different stories everyday?????? I know for fact the packages were delivered according to DHL website.

I think this kind of thing happened to other applicants too!

Jlock

Brian,

It's unbelievable! I called DOS again this morning and was told our packages were NOT received by GUZ. What??????? Yesterday morning we were told by DOS that physical files were received by GUZ. Why did they tell us the different stories everyday?????? I know for fact the packages were delivered according to DHL website.

Jlock

JLock,

That's amazing. I have always heard that everytime you call you get a different answer. How did you track them at DHL website? Also GUZ told me our Files were sent to them Oct. 28, while the DOS says they were sent on Oct. 22. Who do I beleive?

Edited by Brian (see edit history)

Brian,

Jlock

JLock,

That's amazing. I have always heard that everytime you call you get a different answer. How did you track them at DHL website? Also GUZ told me our Files were sent to them Oct. 28, while the DOS says they were sent on Oct. 22. Who do I beleive?

I just asked myself that question. I found the answer in this thread:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...;hl=tracking+p3

In essence, if you know the ship date, you can composed the track by reference number, then go to the DHL website.

A few minutes ago, I was plugging in reference numbers in the DHL tracking site to see how far things are backed up. I used the number:

EXP XX YYY 2008B

Where XX is the day of the shipment and YYY is the month. If looks like there are packages backed up from December 01. However, I could see some smaller packages going through. I don't know how reliable that may be in predicting the delay.

lock;

called DOS today and my paper work is still on hold, they keep blaming it on the Chinese. yet I see that K-1 paper work get past customs and not k-3 or CR-1. it just sounds like a lot of bull sh** to me

John

Sorry I was out of town yesterday and did not get chance to check CFL.

Thanks lock for the info. I called DOS this morning and still no news. I tried to ask for some details but the guy just kept telling me GZ has not received the case. I was then speechless... :V:

Brian, Trudger24 and lvlp:

1). We were told by DOS the packages were sent on Oct 22, 08, we then found out the DHL tracking numbers from another forum (in Chinese). Like I said, those girls who are applying for K1, IR1 and etc. are very smart! Don't ask me how they got those tracking numbers. There are 3 tracking numbers (for 3 packages) for 10/22/08. They all got cleared custom and delivered to GUZ on 03/04/08 per DHL website;

2). I also found out all the packages sent in Oct. 08 were cleared the custom except the ones sent on 10/28/08 and 10/30/08. One girl from Chinese forum posted a message like this: My package (K1) was sent out by NVC on 10/23 and cleared the custom on 03/04. I sent an email to GUZ and they told me they received my package but no interview date yet.

3). I am not sure why DOS told me different answers! I called 3rd time late this afternoon and one lady told me to check back next week. She said GUZ normally goes to warehouse and open the packages on weekends.

I hope it will be better news for all of us next week. I believe our files are in GUZ now but they didn't open the boxes yet.

Jlock

Brian, Trudger24 and lvlp:

1). We were told by DOS the packages were sent on Oct 22, 08, we then found out the DHL tracking numbers from another forum (in Chinese). Like I said, those girls who are applying for K1, IR1 and etc. are very smart! Don't ask me how they got those tracking numbers. There are 3 tracking numbers (for 3 packages) for 10/22/08. They all got cleared custom and delivered to GUZ on 03/04/08 per DHL website;

2). I also found out all the packages sent in Oct. 08 were cleared the custom except the ones sent on 10/28/08 and 10/30/08. One girl from Chinese forum posted a message like this: My package (K1) was sent out by NVC on 10/23 and cleared the custom on 03/04. I sent an email to GUZ and they told me they received my package but no interview date yet.

3). I am not sure why DOS told me different answers! I called 3rd time late this afternoon and one lady told me to check back next week. She said GUZ normally goes to warehouse and open the packages on weekends.

I hope it will be better news for all of us next week. I believe our files are in GUZ now but they didn't open the boxes yet.

Jlock

Lock, CooCookie, Brian, Truger24 and everyone with delayed late Oct 08 packages at GUZ:

Just put up the phone with DOS. My case is still "not opened yet" in GUZ. They told me to call back on 23rd of March, the 5-month marker.

Any good news from yours?

lvlp

lvlp and everyone else, no, DOS and Guangzhou gave us same answers now: The cases are still on hold and Guangzhou hasn¡¯t received the package yet. I am speechless¡­ DHL delivered all the Oct¡¯s delayed packages except the ones sent out by NVC on 10/29 and 10/30 which are still under clearance delay.

It¡¯s so tiring to deal with them now¡­

Lock

Tracking DHL packages from NVC to GUZ is frustrating and futile for the most part... even if one were able to figure out which package is theirs (which one is lucky to get within a few days), you would just be tracking to a shelf in the White Swam warehouse where it will collect dust; that is custom's delay.

When they are ready to brush off the dust, the have them transferred to GUZ and then these get entered into the computer.

The moral of the story is: don't be concerned with tracking. Stick to the timeline averages and you can do a much better job, with alot less frustration, of anticipating when it is entered.

once entered, you will NOT get an interview (if a K#) till the P3 goes out to the chinese national and then comes back. The P4 goes out with an interview date.

I was one of the lucky few ,my package,(and i am guessing,but i used the day NVC told me it was shipped,and a week ahead)all were small packages and cleared customs.I called DOS 2 times,they(according to them)have not yet recieved the physical file,the electronic one was sent 2 days after NVC said they mailed our "cr1".....i been down this road already,and GUZ may actually have the file,in their office....i mean,it collected dust in a warehouse,now it will collect dust in their office.The last time,i was a "k3",and i forget,but i want to say it took 3 weeks,or a month before it got put into the computer,after it cleared customs,i am not sure.But i do remember calling them every 3 or 4 days and they would say"we have not recieved it yet",with the haunting phrase we all have come to know "WAIT...give it 90 days and call back".........Then finally DOS said it had just been entered,so they say,2 days later my wife got her p3 packet.I just don't trust anything these people in any of these departments say.Theres nothing solid in any of this process to stand on.

good luck to all !!!

jimi