Another marriage registration question

This is a continuation of the registration of a marriage in Zhanjiang requiring registration with provincial officials in Guangzhou question that I posted before.

This requirement became effective on Oct 1, I'm told.

Reading of the response that Se Lang posted, thanks Se Lang, is a part of where the question comes up "go to the marriage registration office of the local government above county level". Doesn't that mean the provincial capital or is there some level of officialdom between the county and the provincial governments?

Frank1538 what a great "traditional" wedding you had, I worry whether at my advanced age I would make it through the day let alone the night you described.

I'm not a real fan of country music but I heard a lyric the other day that sums up my initial feeling about placing myself in your position. It's something about, "What was I thinking" possibly with an added "O my God, what was I thinking"

I'll be in Zhanjiang on the 7th of Nov., is there anything I could take for your wife or do for you while I am there? Let me know,okay?

Thanks to you both and best wishes for all

Frank1538 what a great "traditional" wedding you had, I worry whether at my advanced age I would make it through the day let alone the night you described.  

I'm not a real fan of country music but I heard a lyric the other day that sums up my initial feeling about placing myself in your position.  It's something about, "What was I thinking" possibly with an added "O my God, what was I thinking"

I'll be in Zhanjiang on the 7th of Nov., is there anything I  could take for your wife or do for you while I am there?  Let me know,okay?

Thanks to you both and best wishes for all

Monte, take a look at my picture. If I can make it, you can make it :unsure:

Your comment about country music reminded me. What do you get when you play a country record about divorce backwards?

You get your car back

You get your house back

You get your dog back

You get your job back

You get your wife back :blink:

Thanks for the offer on Zhanjiang. If you see a good looking Chinese woman with black hair walking with a purpose, that's my wife. Just say hey for me. :lol:

Have a great time and keep us posted.