Notary only good for 3 months?

Just got off the phone with my wife. She says she was told in Xianning (her home town) that notarizations are only good for 3 months there. Anyone heard of this before? We knew the Police Report would be good for only one year, but this seems a bit silly. I think she may be misinformed, but she requested that I ask here to see if any of you have heard of this before?

Appaullo

Guest Pommey

Just got off the phone with my wife. She says she was told in Xianning (her home town) that notarizations are only good for 3 months there. Anyone heard of this before? We knew the Police Report would be good for only one year, but this seems a bit silly. I think she may be misinformed, but she requested that I ask here to see if any of you have heard of this before?

Appaullo

nope , a notarized document is good for ever.

only the police cert is good for just 1 year.

who told her ? suggest to her that this person is wrong.

marriage certificate, birth certificate - the notarized translations are good until she's dead, probably even later than that.

The Police Certificate is only recognized by GUZ within a year of the date of issuance - after that 1 year mark - she'll need a new one (PSB, then a translation into english).

again - who told her? need more info - but i think someone had big bowl of rice wine for breakfast.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I talked to her again this morning before work. She is hearing these things from the office where she is getting her notarizations done. I told her to pay no attention to their advice. The reason I told her to ignore them is because this morning they told her for a Visa Immigration process she would need a notarized copy of her Father's Death certificate. I dont know why they would suggest this, but they are obviously wrong.

Appaullo