interview success

Everything went great at the consulate. Feb, 26th we were approved, and we will be in America shortly. A big thank you to all the members here providing expert guidance.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!! :toot: :toot: :toot:

This is great news !!!

I guess you were one of those very lucky 20%, I seem to be reading about here lately !!?? :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Welcome back home to CA !!

congratulations!

my interview date is on the 9th of march,and i just got the p4 yesterday...maybe you could help me here a bit,,,i didnt hv the GIV-24 in my p4 packet,what should i do?should i just download the form from here?

thanks in advance!

Did you go to ACH on Monday? If you did, what did you ask?

Thanks to all the good wishes and...

Yes, I went to ACH and also did the ACS. Also, I will post our interview session as soon as I translate it, although the questions were quite usual and lasted 5 minutes, ( it was conducted mostly in English , but my Fiancee only posted a transcript in Hanzi ).

On the ACH and ACS aspects,

One thing is the ACS. I got notarized the document "Evolution of Relationship Letter". This ended up being a big hit with the VO. Of course it wasn't actually read as part of the interview, but, It was clear I put time and effort into it, and it was less than 10 pages, so within reason. I actually made special stationary which was composed of craft-work with color copiers I did by copying and enlarging slightly all the entry-exit stamps in my passport at port of entries in China and also lifting the light blue background of the passport paper itself such that all 5 stamp pairs formed a sort of center background image on my custom "passport" stationary. My frustration and paranoia over WHICH paperwork and documentation would even be viewed and weighed for consideration in the final stages led me to do that in order to highlight how many times I had visited her. The first page was a page of contents: 1...5, of lists of my visits making it tough to miss that point :-) . On a related note, ironically enough, both the p4 letter referred to what I would think to be a supreme document - the I-134 as "optional" !!! and it apparently got little attention, even though I had some really nice supporting documentation which I put a lot of time into. I don't actually believe I-134 is optional, but that was the wording. Therefore, I think it was better that I got my letter notarized, vs the the copy of the I-134 - of course the original I-134 must be notarized, and I did that in the states before hand.

At ACH, I was late, arriving at 2:40 PM, somehow I thought it started at 2:30.. I donno... Guangzhou as an experience was a bit of a magical mystery tour all around - but a good one nonetheless. Anyway, the guards and so forth let me in, and being called up, I asked the following:

How long will the visa be good for? A really obvious thing I suppose, so the officer questioned me after telling me 6 months, and I explained I had heard that it could have an issue date that is dated from one of the dates prior to the interview, such as p4 or p3 date. He asked where I had heard that with some interest/concern and I couldn't remember. Anyway he said that only may happen on some unusual circumstance post-interview issue or something...I didn't really understand, and I left, mission accomplished.

Guest Dylan W

Did you go to ACH on Monday? If you did, what did you ask?

At ACH, I was late, arriving at 2:40 PM, somehow I thought it started at 2:30.. I donno...

Yeah, I saw you arrived fashionably late. :rolleyes: