I was just wondering,what questions people asked at the ACH.

My wifes CR1 has left NVC and was delivered in Guangzhou a few days ago.So i imagine,a few months,she will have another shot at an interview.I regret not being there for her first interview.I plan to be there this time around,and i plan to do the ACH thing.I was thinking what questions to ask?????....i mean,i know what i would like to tell them....hahaha.....i'm kidding.....i plan to behave myself.... :headbang:

Jimi

In my case I requested additional forms (P4) and asked if both Chinese and English versions of same forms are needed to be filled out (If beneficiary understands English the English versions are all that are needed), I also expressed concern in our case, the med center was clossed for the week before our interview and only re-opened the day before the interview.

I'm sure you could use the consulate to get something noterized or check to see if any forms need to be updated. In case it comes up remember you won't be able to stay with her in the line outside the whole time. Make sure she has all the paperwork that morning including your passport. It gets kind of hard the same day as citizens aren't allowed on the fifth floor until 9:00[?] and it's hard to get the stuff to her once she's inside.

At each of the three ACH's I attended, I first made sure that they knew I was there in Dodge City. Next I always had a question either about the process, or about my step-daughter etc.

It was interesting that the VO at the window, on my last visit prior to the interview, appears by description and comments, to have been the same VO who handled the actual interview.

He was a very polite and knowledgeable guy in his 30's, who went out of his way to reassure me, over a concern I had. :headbang:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

I asked a question about my income tax returns. I already knew the answer, but I expressed concern that I might not have the correct form. The VO was very polite and told me not to worry. I watched as entered something into his computer. As I could not see what it was, I am not 100% positve, but I think it was a notation that I was there.

From my wife's description, I am sure this was the same VO who conducted her interview.

I am convinced that your being there at the time of the interview and going to the ACH makes a big difference. GO TO THE ACH!!!!!!!! Make up a question about a form. Keep it simple, be very brief, be polite, thank the VO for his or her time.

I sat in the coffee shop with 4 other husbands during Mary's interview. None of these husbands had attended the ACH. ALL 4 got a blue slip!

GO !!!!!!!

I wrote down a few questions.

What exactly the order was she would be handing over documents? There is actually as sign in that room and i pointed out to the VO that answered my first question and we chuckled about it. She said it would all be very clear and not to worry about that.

Do I need my letter of intent/evolution of relationship notarized and is 3.5 pages too long? She said no. Don't even worry about that. I suspect my original 1.5 page letter was already on file from front-loading.

Does she need to hand over 2 copies of the notarized I-134? I casually mentioned that I got 1 copy notarized at ACS the month before. She said no need for 2 and getting a notarization at ACS never hurts. I felt that was a little "wink wink" moment.

I then asked about POE and if they had heard of airlines requiring purchase of a roundtrip ticket for a K1 holder. She had not. But she found the question interesting and we discussed it for a minute. And I asked about what the customs officers take. She pretty much said when they issue the visa, it is all out of their hands.

So I really just wanted a few questions to ask that I pretty much knew the answers to already just to register with GUZ that I was there. Basically like everyone else on the board.

And my wife did not get the same VO. She got the "handsome guy who passes everyone" according to 001. :blink:

Edited by Batmaniac (see edit history)

Just to add a comment from the "otherside", if you do not have a specific quesiton then GZ advises that you not go to ACH. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=355803

There is no need to prove that you are there because they will already know. I had no questions therefore I did not go. At the interview, the VO asked my wife when was the last time I came to China. She gave him the date (1 week before the interview) and the VO looked at his computer screen and said "right." The VO never asked for my passport nor did my wife offer to give it to him.

I wish you the best of luck this go around! Think Pink!!

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

well,i think i will bring up one concern,and ask,if they can give my wife her interview in Chinese,she is actually determined to do it in english.Her English is improving,but shes not ready for an interview in english,she has noticed that the younger woman that can speak fair english are getting visas,but those that can not speak good english,are getting white.Coincidence? I dont know.Of the half dozen couples i know that got the white slip, their wifes do not speak good english.

jimi

Just to add a comment from the "otherside", if you do not have a specific quesiton then GZ advises that you not go to ACH. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=355803

There is no need to prove that you are there because they will already know. I had no questions therefore I did not go. At the interview, the VO asked my wife when was the last time I came to China. She gave him the date (1 week before the interview) and the VO looked at his computer screen and said "right." The VO never asked for my passport nor did my wife offer to give it to him.

Charles,What "otherside" are you refering to? The "darkside"? :unsure:

jimi

Charles,What "otherside" are you refering to? The "darkside"? :unsure:

jimi

:Dah: No bro........just talkin bout the side that did not go to ACH.

chilton747, And here I thought the "otherside" was referring to GUZs point of view :lol: What was that thing they put out, something to the effect of don't just stop by have a real reason because we're very busy. If ever there was a reason to go that would ice the cake for me.

chilton747, And here I thought the "otherside" was referring to GUZs point of view :lol: What was that thing they put out, something to the effect of don't just stop by have a real reason because we're very busy. If ever there was a reason to go that would ice the cake for me.

This here is that thing they put out on CFL: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=355803

I just didn't have any questions for them and didn't want to waste theirs or my time.......mostly my time. :roller: