question about blue slip reply

Hey guys! I hope this isn't a stupid question...my wife and I are going for a k3 visa. She had her interview in October and got a blue slip. We sent in the documents they needed and have waited a long time for a reply. Just yesterday she got a letter in the mail that said, your visa application has been approved, we will mail you a letter with call in instructions. My questions are:

1. does this really mean what it sounds like and she has been granted the visa? :(

2. how long should we expect before we get that next letter?

Thanks!

Hey guys! I hope this isn't a stupid question...my wife and I are going for a k3 visa. She had her interview in October and got a blue slip. We sent in the documents they needed and have waited a long time for a reply. Just yesterday she got a letter in the mail that said, your visa application has been approved, we will mail you a letter with call in instructions. My questions are:

1. does this really mean what it sounds like and she has been granted the visa? ;)

2. how long should we expect before we get that next letter?

Thanks!

1. mostly, yes.

2. 1 to 5 weeks.

IIRC, a call in letter wll state, show up any day between x and y hours, drop off your passport, fill out ems slip, then wait in guz for it to arrive at the special post office.

that might have changed, though - it may be that the letter will have an actual appointment date and time.

regardless, she can't get inside the consulate to finish this, without the call in letter.

you may want to set up a prepay here:

https://www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/information.aspx

just in case she needs to call in and get an appointment.

also, keep calling DOS for status and status changes.

Wonderful News !!

• 1 month later...