Mistake on I-130

Hi,

I obtained my citizenship through naturalization, so I have an alien registration number. However, I forgot to put that on my I-130, instead I put none on that field. I think I made an mistake that I am supposed to put one in. How can I change that without any possible delays? Or do I even need to change it?

I just sent my I-130 on Feb 21, so I am still waiting for NOA1.

Thank you very much.

Ricky

Hi,

I obtained my citizenship through naturalization, so I have an alien registration number. However, I forgot to put that on my I-130, instead I put none on that field. I think I made an mistake that I am supposed to put one in. How can I change that without any possible delays? Or do I even need to change it?

I just sent my I-130 on Feb 21, so I am still waiting for NOA1.

Thank you very much.

Ricky

i dont think this will be a problem since your a citizen now.

I'm not so sure it's not important, it appears that a naturalized citizen is supposed to include:

A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.

To cover all bases I'd suggest you prepare a letter asking that the petition be updated with the A# and your certificate of citizenship if it wasn't provided with your petition. Then when you get NOA1 you will have the case number and can send it to the service center as additional evidence.

The other option is to wait to see if you receive an RFE, the only concern would be that if you didn't include your certificate of citizenship the USCIS could discover this and deny if the person reviewing it is having a bad day.

I hope I won't be receiving an RFE...I did include a copy of my naturalization certification and a copy of my passport (all pages) as well. Thanks

Ricky

I'm not so sure it's not important, it appears that a naturalized citizen is supposed to include:

A copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS or the former INS.

To cover all bases I'd suggest you prepare a letter asking that the petition be updated with the A# and your certificate of citizenship if it wasn't provided with your petition. Then when you get NOA1 you will have the case number and can send it to the service center as additional evidence.

The other option is to wait to see if you receive an RFE, the only concern would be that if you didn't include your certificate of citizenship the USCIS could discover this and deny if the person reviewing it is having a bad day.

I hope I won't be receiving an RFE...I did include a copy of my naturalization certification and a copy of my passport (all pages) as well. Thanks

Ricky

That's great.

The only thing is to close any hole in the process that could cause you heartache. While you would think they would just pull up your A# based on your passport number or certificate there have been too many cases where the USCIS refused to think and waste more time issuing an RFE than it took to find the information.

A friend of mine had his I-129F package returned because no one signed the line marked "Signature of person preparing form, if other than above". Any person who has a 6th grade level of English will recognize this as a conditional statement and if no one signed it then the petitioner prepared the form. But not according to the USCIS, the petitioner had to write the word NONE in this space and send it back to them so they would process the petition. This cost him 2 months at the beginning of the process.

Another had their I-129F returned because he didn't write the petitioner and beneficiaries name on the photos, I've met both people and there is absolutely no way a blind person would miss knowing who was the male and female in the photos.

While it doesn't seem to make sense at times, the happy path usually involves bending over and kissing their collective @$$ to get through the process. Buy stock in mouthwash. :lol:

Oh no....I didn't put none over there....come on, they should be smart enough to figure that out right???

Ricky

Ricky

That's great.

The only thing is to close any hole in the process that could cause you heartache. While you would think they would just pull up your A# based on your passport number or certificate there have been too many cases where the USCIS refused to think and waste more time issuing an RFE than it took to find the information.

A friend of mine had his I-129F package returned because no one signed the line marked "Signature of person preparing form, if other than above". Any person who has a 6th grade level of English will recognize this as a conditional statement and if no one signed it then the petitioner prepared the form. But not according to the USCIS, the petitioner had to write the word NONE in this space and send it back to them so they would process the petition. This cost him 2 months at the beginning of the process.

Another had their I-129F returned because he didn't write the petitioner and beneficiaries name on the photos, I've met both people and there is absolutely no way a blind person would miss knowing who was the male and female in the photos.

While it doesn't seem to make sense at times, the happy path usually involves bending over and kissing their collective @$$ to get through the process. Buy stock in mouthwash. :lol:

Ricky

That's great.

While it doesn't seem to make sense at times, the happy path usually involves bending over and kissing their collective @$$ to get through the process. Buy stock in mouthwash. :(

Oh no....I didn't put none over there....come on, they should be smart enough to figure that out right???

Ricky

One would think that, but remember they are government employees and have a track record that doesn't instill confidence.

The 2 examples I gave are real one lives in Texas and the other near Portland, they did happen and these are not isolated cases. We got held up for 2 months extra in GUZ between P-3 and P-4 because they wanted clarification on a question where we entered NONE on the DS-230. They take their paperwork seriously and expect you to know their expectations without specific instruction.

Who knows you may be the exception, those exist as well.