Yanshuo City

Just got back from Yanshuo city( not sure thats spelled correctly) We went there instead of the traditional Guilan. My wife got a tip that it was as beautiful but also much cheaper. She was right! Wow! It was kind of like a hamlet or nice resort type town but with many Western theme places. Li and I went down a river in a bamboo boat that was just the most romantic and peaceful ride. I also visited a Budhist Temple, Which was unique to say the least. We enjoyed our 3 days there, it gave a her a bit of a taste of Western society. I have a few pictures i'd like to share once i get home and download them to my computer.

TimD, Are you interested in adding a few of these pictures to your web site?

5 more days and i have to leave my sweetheart, Hopefully our P3 will get here soon.

Patrick & Li

Although I have never visited there, I have heard this city is really nice and less of a hassle than Guilen. Many of my students who were from this area often said they would prefer to visit there over Guilen. I hear there is a great place there that serves up wonderful banana pancakes.

yes, Patrick& Li.... that's Yangshuo

Alan & I were there for one week, nice place, very cheap and clean hotel, simple people, special mountains... we had a great time there too!

... we were having western style breakfast with another Canadian couple in a bar when the Iraq war was breaking out :angry:

Just got back from Yanshuo city( not sure thats spelled correctly) We went there instead of the traditional Guilan. My wife got a tip that it was as beautiful but also much cheaper. She was right! Wow! It was kind of like a hamlet or nice resort type town but with many Western theme places. Li and I went down a river in a bamboo boat that was just the most romantic and peaceful ride. I also visited a Budhist Temple, Which was unique to say the least. We enjoyed our 3 days there, it gave a her a bit of a taste of Western society. I have a few pictures i'd like to share once i get home and download them to my computer.

TimD, Are you interested in adding a few of these pictures to your web site?

5 more days and i have to leave my sweetheart, Hopefully our P3 will get here soon.

Patrick & Li

Oh yea, send them my way. I'll PM you with an email address you can send them too.

I've got about 120 pictures to put up on my site from what we took in Dali and around Yunnan province.

The place you went to sounds like a couple of places we hit while on our tour from hell. I think some of the best places in China are places that aren't in any tour book and off the beaten path.

-Tim

P.S. If there are any others of you who would like to post photos PM me and I'll send you and addy to send them too. Or if it would work better set up FTP so you can send them to the site directly.