Namechecks and Clearances for AOS?

It was mentioned in another thread that name checks, etc. are also done on AOS applications. Jeeeezzzz...... <_<

We are, for the most part familiar with the general visa name check procedures, etc. But does anyone have any info on the checks required for AOS? :blink:

Are the clearances originally done in the visa application carried over, or do they time out? What gives? :blink: :blink: :huh:

It does not LOGICALLY follow that there would be a repetition of name checks for AOS on people that had just had name checks performed. Until someone can verify, I would just discount this as unfounded rumor. It just doesn't make sense. I doubt even our gov't is this stupid. AOS interviews are for making sure it is a real marriage and that you are living together per the law. They have already done name checks, prior to issuing the visa.

I realize we have had a rather quick turnaround time for our AOS approval, but I attribute this solely to the fact that we were able to file in person and take advantage of the efficiency of our local BCIS office. For those who have had to file by mail to their regional offices, I would expect more delay . . . especially if they filed at the 'shredder' office in California. It seems it even takes the California office 6 weeks just to open the envelope and get you the receipt. :D

AOS involves an IBIS check - the same one done at the service center before approving the petition. Although many, or most, of our cases have already been through it, my guess is the majority of AOS applicnats have not. For example, someone who marries on a visa waiver or someone on a work visa, etc. It makes sense to run this check on them but not as much sense to run them on K visas. Guess it is easier to just say ALL than have a list of exceptions.

Let's see, IBIS is 'Interagency Border Inspection System", is that right? :blink:

Yeah, they ran that one a long time ago. <_<

AOS involves an IBIS check - the same one done at the service center before approving the petition. Although many, or most, of our cases have already been through it, my guess is the majority of AOS applicnats have not. For example, someone who marries on a visa waiver or someone on a work visa, etc. It makes sense to run this check on them but not as much sense to run them on K visas. Guess it is easier to just say ALL than have a list of exceptions.

Let's see, IBIS is 'Interagency Border Inspection System", is that right? :blink:

Yeah, they ran that one a long time ago. B)

Bingo. :lol: Give the man a prize.

I do try to keep abreast Don, but it is increasingly difficult considering the new procedures and my own dementia. :blink: :wacko: :wacko: