Chinese Wedding Photos

As long as shes around I wouldn't worry about them becoming greedy and taking advantage, she will put it right :P

Well she has her mind made up that we will have photos taken on the beach. She says we will take a three hour bus ride from Guangzhou, four hours for the photos, and three more hours by bus to return to Guangzhou. I don't know the price yet (almost afraid to ask) but I know it will be a small price in time and money for her family to have wedding photos of their only daughter since we will be getting married in the US.

I'm only sorry that I'll be in some of the photos since she is soooo beautiful :D and I'm (to put it bluntly) not! :ph34r:

Thanks for all the responses. I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the future and I'll gladly post my future experiences if they'll help anyone else. Think pink!!! :)

By the way, will anyone be in Guangzhou March 12- 19? If so and you need an American to talk with or compare notes send me an e-mail.

Hi, we did our wedding photos in Nanchang, Jiangxi. We went through a smaller company. We were taken to an ancient village "Anyi" and spent 7 hours with three wardrobe and make up changes. The total was 1200RMB and we got to keep all our photos and get 24 photoshopped free. Many larger wedding photo stores will charge at least 1400-1600RMB for leaving the studio and going outside to shoot.

My intended has now shown me studio wedding photo brochures. She has her heart set on getting these in China before we come to the US to be married. She says that the US photos and the Chinese photos are different (don't they think all things are different?). Has anyone had wedding photos taken in China? What is the cost? What is the setup? I don't want the photographer to see the American coming and get greedy and take advantage of the situation.

Guest Dylan W

My intended has now shown me studio wedding photo brochures. She has her heart set on getting these in China before we come to the US to be married. She says that the US photos and the Chinese photos are different (don't they think all things are different?). Has anyone had wedding photos taken in China? What is the cost? What is the setup? I don't want the photographer to see the American coming and get greedy and take advantage of the situation.

Prepare for at least 4 hours of changing cloths, and standing around just waiting :toot:

Only 4 hours? :ph34r:

Prepare for at least 4 hours of changing cloths, and standing around just waiting :roller:

Only 4 hours? :lol:

Well, that's what she says now???? I've learned that I am only told what I need to know for the moment but only on the small things. :ph34r:

Ya, plan for it to be an all day event. During the day, you'll waste about 4 hours for waiting and changing clothes.

But it's really not any waste, it's just you and her waiting in the queue.

Be prepared for all day. Sometimes they will have snacks for you, always is tea, there may be a lunch break too - it all depends on which studio and how much money you are paying.

edit - tn vol - uh - nevermind -

yer 4 hours at the beach should be quite busy, have a nap on the bus!

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Ya, plan for it to be an all day event. During the day, you'll waste about 4 hours for waiting and changing clothes.

But it's really not any waste, it's just you and her waiting in the queue.

Be prepared for all day. Sometimes they will have snacks for you, always is tea, there may be a lunch break too - it all depends on which studio and how much money you are paying.

edit - tn vol - uh - nevermind -

yer 4 hours at the beach should be quite busy, have a nap on the bus!

Sebastian

"edit - tn vol - uh - nevermind" - ??????

tn vol - Usually, an 'in-studio' event is all day, figure about 4 hours for one of these, for the 'wasted time' spent waiting.

I say, disregard, because *YOU* are going to the beach, for a 4 hour shoot. You won't be doing any waiting , __on the beach__..

My apologies if I wasn't clear - your photo-shoot will be distinctly different than many of us, we didn't go to 'the beach' for a photo shoot.